Character animation: export only some bones

photo

Hello,

We are trying to create animation for our character.

We want a set of animations which will controls the legs (down part of the body)

and another set of animation which will controls the upper part of the body.

And then I will use the skinner.combine node.

Our artist team did not succeed to correctly export the animation from 3DSMax (using biped or cat). We suppose we have to exclude the upper bones when we export the legs animation and the bottom bones when we export the arms animation but it seems we cannot exclude bones during the export.

But if I look at the agent_01 sample and the I open "agent_walk_forward_legs.anim" I only see reference to bottom bones.

Have you any recommendation on the way to do this. We did not understand how the animation of this sample have been exported.

Thanks

We want to separate it so I can change the animation of the upper part while walking. I have to play a specific animation for one of the arms of the player and we have not found another way to do it. When I ask it of the forum/support I have been point to the agent_01 sample where animations are separated in two part (up and down) so the character can use is gun (and have different animation for its arms) will walking/running.

Ideally the solution would to select at runtime which bones I want to modify from a specific animation but it seems it is not possible with unigine at this time.

If you have animations with mesh in 3ds max, then you must add bones that you want export to the mesh and remove all bones that you don't want to export for that animation.

Unigine export bones that are added in to the mesh, to skin element in 3ds max.

So open your model in 3ds max, select mesh, select Modify panel, in list select Skin element and in Parameters section you can add/remove bones. When set wanted bones on mesh, then simple select it and do export animation to unigine. It create animation with selected bones.