Pipeline from Maya to Unigine, 3d scene..

photo

Hi,

I have a scene with a lot of textured objects, I want to export to unigine.

All the objects have materials and textures applied in Maya.

How do I get them exported and a material libriary as well with the assigned texures (at least DT).

In a 1.x Version of Unigine we wrote our own Material creator), based on textfiles from sceneobjects in 3ds max.

Is there a convinient way to export/import all that?

Fbx and material libs does not seem to function right out of the box. Especially not for Maya.

As we have a lot of objects, it would take quite some time to create materials and assign them one by one...

thx.

Werner

Hi Werner,

We've fixed couple of importing issue in 2.2 beta - have you checked import in 2.2 beta SDK? If you still have troubles with importing the FBX files with the textures - can you please send us couple of such files for investigation?

I will ask our artists with Maya to share information about FBX export / import, but I don't think that it differs much from 3Ds Max export, for example.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

What is the texture declaration?

Albedo and Normal works with Diffuse and Bumpmap slot in Maya.

Are there any other maps beeing exported?

Hello,

we use standard Blinn mostly.

Albedos and Normal maps do work.

I am wondering if there is a way to assign the other texture slots for an Albedo material as well.

Hi Werner,

In specular workflow diffuse and specular slots are used, in metelness: diffuse slots assigns to albedo and both normalmap and bumpmap slots assigns to normal slot. Additional 3dsMax specific slots are supported: texmap_diffuse and texmap_bump. Any other slots currently are not supported.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

We are currently work with 3D model edit with Maya and using 'Stingray PBS'. But none texture are import in Unigine.

Do you know if it will be add in Unigine to work with PBR?

Thanks.