thin objects blinking

photo

If you have some thin objects, like railings, bars, etc (something like on the attached picture), from bigger distance pixels are "shaking" on these surfaces  when camera is not moving. Before unigine 2.0 it was OK.

post-714-0-33666300-1456167214_thumb.png

Hi Jirka,

Polygon offset? Could you please provide a small test scene or video with tha blinking?

Thanks!

It is not z-fighting. I will try to record somethning.

Hi Jirka,

Is it possible to check a small test scene with your content? Maybe mipmaps can solve this flickering issue, it is hard to say currently.

Thanks!

I have mipmaps for all textures. I can send you some of these objects for testing, but technically it is happening with each object like this (several thin bars, railings, etc).

It is definitely TAA artifacts.

And unfortunately the most effective way to reduce it is to edit the content.

For example for this fense - use LODs with thicker bars.

It is definitely TAA artifacts.

And unfortunately the most effective way to reduce it is to edit the content.

For example for this fense - use LODs with thicker bars.

Ok, i will try to do something. Does it mean, that this is technical limitation of TAA?

Ok, i will try to do something. Does it mean, that this is technical limitation of TAA?

Actually, yes.

We can try to achieve a greater or lesser effect, but we can't get rid of it completely (using this antialiasing algorithm)

I am experiencing that effect as well on very small objects.

But before TAA we had the same issues on screen, so we either switched them off or deleted them or made them thicker.