Import animated camera from Max

photo

I'm new to Unigine so might be missing something obvious here.
I'm having trouble importing an animated camera from Max. I've baked the animation and exported the .fbx file which works fine when imported back into Max.

The camera imports fine into Unigine but no animation.

Any suggestions? 

Hi Gary,

Unfortunately, there is no method to export animation without bones from FBX file yet. If you are using 3ds Max 2015 (or 2013/2014) you can export spline transformations via Path export and use it later with WorldTransformPath object.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 years later...

Are you saying there isn't a method for Unigine to READ the exported camera...because there certainly is a specification for FBX to hold camera information.  We do it in Lightwave.  If there currently isn't support for this can it be suggested somewhere.  I think it would be a welcomed feature for many.  I'm having a terrible time getting the tracker to save keyframes for my dummy camera at the moment!

Hi Trey,

Do you have an FBX with animated camera path example that can be viewed in some kind of 3rd party software like FBX Reivew? Probably we can do something with it in the future updates.

As far as I remember, FBX doesn't contain any camera path, just the initial positions and parameters (but I need to double check this).

Thanks!

---

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2018 at 12:18 AM, silent said:

Hi Trey,

Do you have an FBX with animated camera path example that can be viewed in some kind of 3rd party software like FBX Reivew? Probably we can do something with it in the future updates.

As far as I remember, FBX doesn't contain any camera path, just the initial positions and parameters (but I need to double check this).

Thanks!

Yes I'll check on my end/software.  I see camera as an option to export but you may be correct, it may only be portions of the camera properties.    Really struggling with creating good animation camera moves in Unigine thus far in my testing.  I'll start another thread on camera movements in Unigine.  Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi Trey,

Unfortunately, in 2.8 SDK we will not able to implement automatic camera import via FBX, sorry. Animation improvement are planned for the future releases (maybe next year).

The right solution will be to animate camera directly via Tracker. If there any issues with Tracker itself - please, feel free to report them in a new topics.

Thanks! 

---

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Is there still no solution to bring a Camera from Max to Unigine ? Except the solution with WorldTransformPath  ? This solution only work for position not rotation right ?
When I import my Camera from max to Unigine with .Fbx I loose the animation.

Thanks !

I still think, that this is a convinient method ;).

Just attach a camera in UNIGINE.

What you think?

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Like 1