[SOLVED] FBX import. Materials not imported. Example attached.

photo

I'm trying to get the path from 3DS Max to Unigine 2 working, but the problem I am having is that the materials set in Max (diffuse, specular, normal) are not carried over to Unigine when I import the FBX file.

I have verified that the materials are in the FBX by saving it as ASCII format (attached to this message) and ensured that "Import materials" and "Import textures" are set in the importer. 

I've attached the FBX which is a 1x1x1 meter cube with various textures set on it.

Cube_test7.FBX

Hi Angus,

Just imported your FBX file and I can see that cube_test material was created successfully (it's grey). As far as I can see everything is working as expected. One thing you can also try to switch workflow from Metalness to Specular (if you have diffuse + specular textures).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Angus,

Just imported your FBX file and I can see that cube_test material was created successfully (it's grey). As far as I can see everything is working as expected. One thing you can also try to switch workflow from Metalness to Specular (if you have diffuse + specular textures).

Thanks!

Hi Silent,

Yeah - the geometry imports OK but the diffuse, normal and specular textures do not import (edit: these are images). That's the issue I'm having. They're in the FBX file but don't import in to Unigine. 

I've tried "metalness" and "specular" but no result.

If I import the FBX in to Blender the textures come through OK but not in to Unigine. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Angus,

The textrures are not showing either in 3ds Max / Maya / Marmoset Toolgbag software. Not sure how exactly Blender exported such FBX, but none of the listed software are capable of showing these textures.

Probably, there are some different options available when exporting. Also, I've just successfully imported FBX file from this article: http://www.mat-d.com/site/how-to-export-from-blender-to-unity-3d-with-textures-tutorial/

test_fbx.png

---

Hi Angus,

We've added support for automatic importing bumpmaps (normalmaps) and diffuse textures on FBX Import. Opacity and reflection textures you should assing maually to the different slots, I'm afraid.

Following custom 3ds Max property names for materials will be parsed correctly:

• texmap_bump (will be assigned into Normalmap slot);
  • texmap_diffuse (will be assigned into the Albedo / Diffuse slot);

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

---

• 3 weeks later...