Contact Callbacks (setWorldTransform)

photo

hello.

I cannot get BodyRigid's contacts callbacks ,because I set the node position (by setWorldTransform) in C++.

I want to control the node position through ART Track and get contacts with other BodyRigid, how can I do?

I want the BodyRigid is kinematic (controlled by transform, not by force, but can get contact callback).

thank you!

Hi Chen,

I want the BodyRigid is kinematic (controlled by transform, not by force, but can get contact callback).

Unfortunately, Physical bodies will not work in that way. 

Could you please describe the use-case that you are trying to implement in more details? Probably, we can suggest you a different way to do this task :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks!

In my virtual scene, the virtual hand position was controlled by leap motion,I want to get the contacts of the virtual finger with others. 

I want to know whether  the virtual hand grasp  other objects. The hand has 5 fingers. The finger can be described by the ShapeCapsule, ShapeCylinder or  ShapeConvex ,but not sphere or box。

The function "engine.world.getCollisionObjects" can only get contacts of BoundSphere , BoundBox or BoundFrustum with others.(so I did not take this way).

The BodyDummy cannot get contact callback.

I use BodyRigid and set the mass to 0.(just use the shape and get collisions)

So is there any way to do this?

Hi Chen,

You need to call body.setFrozen(0) for every body instance, and contact callbacks must fire. Also note, that callbacks won't fire if you set physics gravity to 0 (engine.physics.setGravity).