[SOLVED] vegetation_trunk and mesh_stem_base shaders display as static

photo

Hi Ted,

I've tried to reproduce this behavior in our Vegetation library (fixed one, that will be updated soon) and even with alpha blend option enabled I can confirm that trunk of the tree is moving.

Could you please provide us minimal test scene with disabled animation when alpha blend is enabled?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

The tree moves fine; what I mean by "static" is that it's in a constant state of fizzle. Random pixels are alpha'd out, and it looks like it has a layer of fuzz over it. 

Hi Ted,

It seems, that it may be a fade problem: for the present moment LOD switch with fade works only with alpha test enabled. 

But if content has been migrated from the previous versions, there shouldn't be such problem if fade worked fine before.

If you created a new content, please, check Min/Max Fade fields on Nodes -> Surfaces tab for trees.

If you still have any problems, please, send us a minimal test scene to investigate the issue.

Thanks!

Sebastianbah,

The trees were fine before we updated to 2.0(they are older content)  and they faded fine.  It also doesn't look like it does in the picture at one point, you can be the full visible distance from the trees and they look like that, all the way to up close.

Dusty

Hi Dusty,

I'm afraid we can't reproduce such behavior.

Could you please send us your problematic tree as a node (with materials and textures) to investigate the issue?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I've created a sample project that shows the issue we're having. Turning "Alpha Test" on and off on the material assigned to the trunk of the tree will show the problem clearly.

I've uploaded the file to the same server as the sample project from this post, please let me know if you'd prefer me to upload somewhere else.

• 1 month later...