Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

Hi Jirka,

I just got a new info from dev team - vegetation lightning refactoring is still in progress, the only small amount of changes will be in alpha release. However, these changes will not work without content modifications. Since this still in active development stage more information we can get at the 2.8 final release.

New Terrains (including separation between curved (Planet) and simple plane (game-ready) implementations) will be shipped with 2.9. A lot of tools work is required to make these objects alive.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

On 4/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, silent said:

New Terrains (including separation between curved (Planet) and simple plane (game-ready) implementations) will be shipped with 2.9.

Will be planet available in engineering licence, or only in sim?

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello @andrew.douglas,

Of course, we're keeping an eye on RTX and researching possible integration with UNIGINE. More likely RTX will come with 3.0 version.

I'd like to note that our current SSRTGI technology is hardware independent and doesn't drop performance that much. Basically, you can run it on any GPU.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hello, i really like the new features for 2.8. When will it be available on the SDK list ? i dont see the 2.7.3 neither. Thanks.
Best,

Edited by bdosso
3 hours ago, bdosso said:

Hello, i really like the new features for 2.8. When will it be available on the SDK list ? i dont see the 2.7.3 neither. Thanks.
Best,

Maintenance subscription of your company has expired last year, that's the reason. You can discuss this with your management.

On 4/5/2019 at 1:15 PM, demostenes said:

Will be planet available in engineering licence, or only in sim?

@binstreamAny answer for this? We would really love it for our game, but not enough to buy sim license.

2 hours ago, david.sanda said:

@binstreamAny answer for this? We would really love it for our game, but not enough to buy sim license.

At the moment it is planned for Sim version only. The planet works with geodata, it was not designed to work with synthetic one.

1 hour ago, demostenes said:

Btw, Vulcan was completely removed from roadmap?

It is included in Unigine 3.x roadmap, together with DX12 support.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, how does it look with 2.9, any alfa/beta soon? We are in the middle of terrain refactoring, so I would like to know what are  capabilities of new terrain solution. Thanks.

Edited by demostenes
21 hours ago, demostenes said:

Hello, how does it look with 2.9, any alfa/beta soon? We are in the middle of terrain refactoring, so I would like to know what are  capabilities of new terrain solution. Thanks.

Full-scale production at the moment. We plan to release beta version within a month.

• 4 weeks later...

Can you please indicate whether 2.9 is still on schedule? Due to deadlines we have yet to upgrade our code base to 2.8. We are now making plans to do this upgrade soon but if 2.9 is expected within weeks it's probably better to wait for that one.

3 minutes ago, Bemined said:

Can you please indicate whether 2.9 is still on schedule? Due to deadlines we have yet to upgrade our code base to 2.8. We are now making plans to do this upgrade soon but if 2.9 is expected within weeks it's probably better to wait for that one.

We are preparing 2.9-alpha to be available next week. The 2.9 release is planned to early August (if there will be no major changes inspired by feedback to alpha).

• Like 2

Please fill in the survey, if you are interested in the full round planet feature - it is very important to fine-tune the development efforts:

earth3.jpg