Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

For the node-based editing coming in January, will that be for material creation, or for gameplay like Blueprints in UE4?

Will you be able to access C++ functions using the nodes?

Thanks!

Is there any plans for improving script workflow? For example, use some mordern cross platform editors like sublimetext/vscode /atom as script editor and debugger?

At the moment we are focusing on C++/C# API. We are also looking into node-based scripting solutions now.

• 2 weeks later...

when could tessellation be added back to the engine?

it's been missing for a while and it's important feature for us

thanks

We are using it in 2.4-dev for terrain, more likely it will be available for regular objects in 2.4.1.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks!

I noticed node-based editing has disappeared from the roadmap? I thought this was supposed to replace the Schemer system, will Schemer continue to function as it does now until the new system is coming out?

Thanks!

I noticed node-based editing has disappeared from the roadmap? I thought this was supposed to replace the Schemer system, will Schemer continue to function as it does now until the new system is coming out?

We are making research on this feature now. It is really tricky to add node-based editing without breaking backward compatibility.

• 4 months later...
On 9/4/2017 at 10:08 PM, ivan.cuevas said:

Hi,
hope you have enjoyed your deserved summer holydays :)

Any news about Unigine 2.6? ;)

Working on stabilizing the release, to be available at the end of September. Updated the list of features in the first message.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...