Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

2.16-beta is here, with the stable release coming in several weeks. It took longer, but it has some very long-awaited cool features inside. Your feedback is very much appreciated in the beta thread.

• Like 3
On 4/28/2022 at 1:11 PM, ahmad.karami said:

If it is possible to sell packages(*.uniginepackages/*.node / *.fbx / ... ) in the asset store, how is it possible to exchange money and currency? Because Iran, Russia, etc. removed the dollar and the euro from exchanges, and the Russian ruble(+gold) is the basis of trade, plus I live in Iran, how can I communicate to Asset store & the payment? Because Russia, Iran and several other countries are boycotting the Western bloc and the dollar and the euro. I hope I have explained clearly ...

AFAIK Unigine has two different branches, one is located in EU and another one in Russia. So I'm pretty sure if they hire clever accountants, transactions would be processed by different divisions in corresponding currencies. IMO.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

Does anyone know what can be expected from the two points below? I am always reading that the animation system will be overworked, but not what we can exactly expect from that points.
Retargeting? Animation Player? Other cool features?
I hoped to find it out with 2.16 but as it is delayed to 2.17+ this won´t be an option.

UNIGINE 2.17+

• New animation system
  • Improved character controllers

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Здравствуйте! В новые версии движка планируется добавить визуальное программирование. Насколько сложно оно будет в освоении непрограммистам? И какой функционал можно реализовать с помощью него? Например, можно ли сделать всю игру визуальным программированием или только некоторые элементы?

• 1 month later...

version 2.17+,

It says improved inland water system, I assume we are talking about rivers and canals? Is there any info about the progression of this tool, the flow map thingy to create rivers is nice, but I would like to see a more intuitive (easier to create) tool to create rivers and canals.

And will there be a adjust terrain height to splinegraph feature to the splinegraph for the community version? I know that the landscape feature has it in the paid version. That way it would be a lot easier to create roads, but also rivers and canals, be able to carve the terrain with a mesh/splinegraph

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

Just to be curious ... Where did the "completely revamped tracker" go? Is this in the "new animation system"?

b.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
On 3/31/2023 at 6:38 PM, werner.poetzelberger said:

Just to be curious ... Where did the "completely revamped tracker" go? Is this in the "new animation system"?

b.w.

Lost in the list, but not forgotten! Restored, thank you.

Tracker is waiting for both GUI and animations dependencies.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, Kolnest said:

Hello.
How will dynamic global illumination be implemented? Will this work on non-RTX cards?

The prototype works on non-RTX cards, but it will anyway be performance-greedy.

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...

Hello! Will global illumination be raytrace based? Other effects like raytrace reflection, refraction?

Edited by vasia.vlasov
  • Thanks 1
11 hours ago, vasia.vlasov said:

Hello! Will global illumination be raytrace based? Other effects like raytrace reflection, refraction?

This feature is currently in the experimental stage and involves probe-based raymarching for global illumination and reflections.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, differ.black said:

Is 17-th version releasing today?

Due to a slight delay not really, but it will certainly be released very soon.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Links and descriptions to updates 2.15 и 2.15.1 are mixed up in the history of releases in the roadmap. Also, the link and description for the 2.14.1 update is missing.

18 hours ago, tosontur said:

Links and descriptions to updates 2.15 и 2.15.1 are mixed up in the history of releases in the roadmap. Also, the link and description for the 2.14.1 update is missing.

Thanks for pointing that out! Post has been updated :)

On 6/4/2023 at 1:45 PM, Kolnest said:

приблизительную дату выхода 2.17 перенести надо, раз конец мая прошел

Поправили, спасибо.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

On 8/20/2015 at 11:46 PM, binstream said:

Visual features of DX12/Vulkan - DLSS, etc.

Please add DX11 Visual features ...

5 hours ago, ahmad.karami said:

Please add DX11 Visual features ...

As for now all of the UNIGINE's visual features are supported by all 4 graphics APIs. But some of the future ones will require DirectX 12 due to the missing features of DX11.

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 10:55 AM, VuilbaardGames said:

version 2.17+,

It says improved inland water system, I assume we are talking about rivers and canals? Is there any info about the progression of this tool, the flow map thingy to create rivers is nice, but I would like to see a more intuitive (easier to create) tool to create rivers and canals.

And will there be a adjust terrain height to splinegraph feature to the splinegraph for the community version? I know that the landscape feature has it in the paid version. That way it would be a lot easier to create roads, but also rivers and canals, be able to carve the terrain with a mesh/splinegraph

Thanks in advance.

I guess the improved waterway tool has been postponed, it is not on the list anymore?

• 3 months later...