Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

Console build option was discussed here and there, its  in some release plan or so far still in the ideas to be better  evaluated status.

37 minutes ago, davide445 said:

Console build option was discussed here and there, its  in some release plan or so far still in the ideas to be better  evaluated status.

Hello!

Starting from SDK 2.13 console build are available for Sim and Engineering editions

For more details please refer to the following article https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.14.1/editor2/projects/build_project?rlang=usc#console_build

Thanks!

23 hours ago, davide445 said:

Ah sorry for my bad choice of wording, was meaning create a build having target consoles hardware such as PS5.

We are already working towards this, more details will be announced later

Thanks!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, bmyagkov said:

We are already working towards this, more details will be announced later

Thanks!

Interested only to know if is planned to be released before 2022Q4

• 1 month later...
  • New in-app GUI system

Could you tell more on this topic? We are planning to extensivly use current GUI system (I must admit - it's not the best GUI system I ever worked with...). Does it mean that we would need to rewrite the whole GUI app layer when this new GUI system come out or there will be some automatic upgrade solution?

be patient, good stuff is coming. Rushing engineers is just cutting corners and piling up more tech debt. This is the specific reason that I am personally opposed to setting deadlines and its clearly stated in the original post

you should not fully rely on the roadmap nor make any business decision based on it

Edited by Jeff_D

Update on 2.15 feature readiness:

•     Visual editor for shader graph production release - Work in progress, alpha version working, stabilization in September/October (the 2.15 release date depends mainly on this feature)
  •     Improved high-level weather system in IG - Almost done
  •     More features in Sandworm tool - Done, requires stabilization
  •     SDK browser 2 - Almost done
  •     Refactored spline system - In progress (export to FBX)
  •     Landscape Terrain compression (content size optimization) - Runtime part ready, tools integration in progress
  •     IG simulation dynamics features - Minor improvements, more to come
  •     (beta) Full planet - In progress, prototype stage
  •     (beta) Editor plugins - Almost done, already in use in internal projects
  •     New in-app GUI (experimental) - Almost ready, the build will be available in early September

Also there are a lot of unscheduled great features on Editor improvements (also brushes!) and much more.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We would like to release 2.15 faster, but it requires about 1-2 weeks more QA and polishing, so we choose higher quality.

2.15-beta is available now - and your feedback is very valuable, please check this version and let us know your experience.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello to the Unigine Team and happy new year !
I would like to know if you have planed to develop some DXR module for path tracing with the 2.16 version dx12 ?
Thanks

Edited by fabre.cedric
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, fabre.cedric said:

I would like to know if you have planed to develop some DXR module for path tracing with the 2.16 version dx12 ?

I'm afraid, not in 2.16. There are a lot if things needs to be done prior DXR first :)

8 minutes ago, Dima110 said:

Hello, are you planning to create a user interface builder? With standard features, pick and drop, progress bars, inventory grid, etc.

Some of the UI improvements are definitely planned for this year. Not sure about specific UI builder implementation and what features it would have, but I guess it should be possible to design some basic stuff quite easy.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 1 month later...

DX12 / Vulkan backedns currently is under heavy development. DX12 working (surprisingly) with a sightly better performance compared to DX11 at the current experimental stage, but unfortunately lacking of proper Editor integration.

Since we are still Supporting Windows 7, DX11 is still the preferable API (at least until Vulkan will be implemented).

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Q1 is coming to an end ... Q2 will start in the next few days ... What is the release date of 2.16?

I also remembered Z & R ;-)

On 8/21/2015 at 11:16 AM, binstream said:

UNIGINE 2.16 (2022)

• Asset store launch

If it is possible to sell packages(*.uniginepackages/*.node / *.fbx / ... ) in the asset store, how is it possible to exchange money and currency? Because Iran, Russia, etc. removed the dollar and the euro from exchanges, and the Russian ruble(+gold) is the basis of trade, plus I live in Iran, how can I communicate to Asset store & the payment? Because Russia, Iran and several other countries are boycotting the Western bloc and the dollar and the euro. I hope I have explained clearly ...

• Like 1