Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

Updated roadmap in the first post. Please be aware that the list is not 100% complete or accurate.

Looking back we see that substantial amount of features arises from customer's requests, so please don't hesitate to post your suggestions in the corresponding section of the forum.

Wonderful updates to Road map.. I am really happy to see two new updates.

1. Community Edition in 2.11 : This will take Unigine popularity to next level.

2. 2.12: Tracker API C++: All members will be in love with it.. Wanted it from so long.

All the best.

Rohit

• Like 1
6 hours ago, rohit.gonsalves said:

Wonderful updates to Road map.. I am really happy to see two new updates.

1. Community Edition in 2.11 : This will take Unigine popularity to next level.

2. 2.12: Tracker API C++: All members will be in love with it.. Wanted it from so long.

All the best.

Rohit

Reworked Tracker is scheduled for 2.12+ - not necessarily the 2.12 itself. We have done some preliminary work, but still a lot to do here.

• 2 weeks later...

Status update on 2.11 release: after alpha and beta feedback we are working on some issues found, but overall the release is almost ready.

More likely it will be available next week, if there will be no critical showstoppers found.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2015 at 8:46 AM, binstream said:

Valve Index + SteamVR input + finger tracking

Need to finalize a proposal needing hand tracking, after testing it I'm vary on the usage of LeapMotion.

The integration of Valve Index finger tracking it's still on track for 2.12?

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 10:59 PM, davide445 said:

Need to finalize a proposal needing hand tracking, after testing it I'm vary on the usage of LeapMotion.

The integration of Valve Index finger tracking it's still on track for 2.12?

Unfortunately slipped to 2.13.

Greetings,

It has been asked in past but i wanted to ask again. (Just like it has been mentioned in past replies, a powerful solution like blueprints)

Is node-based visual scripting system planned for sooner builds ?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, david.sanda said:

Greetings, i have been wondering how far is 2.13 at this moment?

We are looking into the late-October/early-November release.

Several major features are already done, working on some more. Alpha version to be expected in 2 weeks.

• Like 4

Shader graph for node-based editing of materials, to be released in UNIGINE 2.14 (in all SDK editions). This is the work-in-progress prototype, not a final look. More node-based systems (including visual scripting) to follow.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, binstream said:

Shader graph for node-based editing of materials, to be released in UNIGINE 2.14 (in all SDK editions). This is the work-in-progress prototype, not a final look. More node-based systems (including visual scripting) to follow.

Good job! Anyway it looks like pandora box will be opened :) This was always double edged axe. On the one side it allows great material flexibility, on the other artists tend to create insane heavy materials instead of photoshop/quixel work...UE market place is nice example of this.

Spoiler

This is really great! But as said above, there is a risk of overusing/misusing it. I hope you'll add some specific visualization of the shader consumption/performance impact to help alleviate this.

I also like very much the fact that you can input small code directly into the connection slots! Good job!

That is a big step for UNIGINE, many thanks to UNIGINE Team for your tremendous effort. It is so early to ask this question but is there any release date for 2.14 ?

Edited by rdhb.rdhb
Removed spaces in the comment
7 hours ago, rdhb.rdhb said:

That is a big step for UNIGINE, many thanks to UNIGINE Team for your tremendous effort. It is so early to ask this question but is there any release date for 2.14 ?

Q1 2021

• Like 2
4 hours ago, binstream said:

Updated roadmap for 2.13 and 2.14+ (see the first post).

Looks great! Vulkan renderer looks promising! There will be any improvement planned for AI ? Just like AI Perception system, EQS Testing, i could not see in documentation if these features exist in the engine.

Thanks

Lovely.

It opens creative processes. Prototyping in a rapid way, tests and be creative. Can be a very handy tool. Especially for non programmers powerful for creative processes.
Personally I like that you guys go a bit that direction!

Thanks! BEst.w.

23 hours ago, rdhb.rdhb said:

Looks great! Vulkan renderer looks promising! There will be any improvement planned for AI ? Just like AI Perception system, EQS Testing, i could not see in documentation if these features exist in the engine.

Thanks

Hi rdhb.rdhb,

can you please describe, what do you expect from such an perception system? Same like Unreals perception and his EQS-system or do you need something else?

I am currently working on an all-in-one AI plugin for UNIGINE, including dynamic navigation meshes, BehaviorTrees and Flocking/Steering system. Will be glad to know if some additonal components needs to be included in future.

4 hours ago, christian.wolf2 said:

Hi rdhb.rdhb,

can you please describe, what do you expect from such an perception system? Same like Unreals perception and his EQS-system or do you need something else?

I am currently working on an all-in-one AI plugin for UNIGINE, including dynamic navigation meshes, BehaviorTrees and Flocking/Steering system. Will be glad to know if some additonal components needs to be included in future.

Hello christian.wolf2,

You are correct! Similar to Unreal approach.  Perception system encapsulates the data and it is easier to process that data, it makes things more neat. EQS-system also is a good helper for solving different problems in AI as you know.

Well thought! BehaviorTrees and Flocking/Steering system also with Blackboard component, it would be a significant improvement for AI section in UNIGINE.