Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

A lot of nice features to expect from incoming releases.

Don't hesitate to provide an "unstable" release candidate one or two weeks before the release. This way we can try to use the incoming version and see if there is any bug or regression specific to our use that might be missed by your QA tests.

A lot of nice features to expect from incoming releases.

Don't hesitate to provide an "unstable" release candidate one or two weeks before the release. This way we can try to use the incoming version and see if there is any bug or regression specific to our use that might be missed by your QA tests.

OK, that sounds like a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cinetec_tech

Could you please share with us your needs - what do you mean by GI? For what kind of scenes you will need such feature (indoors / outdoors) and what materials you plan to use?

hi silent:

I might saw GI feature in the plan previously (i think it's in 2.2 ). but now it's gone. or maybe my mistake.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Silent, We would really love a GI solution, particularly for smaller interior type scenes.  Unity has enlighten, Unreal has a few reasonable dynamic solutions, eg LPVs or implementation of nividia VXGI.  We would love to be able to create an interior architectural scene with bounce light that could compare to enlighten.

• 4 weeks later...

Beta versions will be available for a limited set of customers willing to participate in beta testing - please let us know if you are.

We would like to join the test,please.

• Like 1

We would like to join the test,please.

You already should have access to the beta SDK. Please, make sure that you have updated SDK Browser to 1.6 version and check the SDK section (beta SDK will be displayed in the SDKs drop-down list).

Additional information and useful links were send to your company admin.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

It seems that "improved scattering" was removed from the 2.2 feature list last week - Does this mean that the scattering in 2.1 will be the same as 2.2?

This will decide whether we need to wait for 2.2 before fine-tuning the scattering in our project.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I ve noticed these features in 2.4:

- New terrain object and materials - what can we expect? I would like to freeze our current procedural world generation and move to manual tuning, so it would be good to know planned changes.
 - Remote editing - does it mean some kind of collaborative editing? Level designers connect to some sever and all can remotly edit one world? This would be absolutelly amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

demostenes

- Remote editing - does it mean some kind of collaborative editing? Level designers connect to some sever and all can remotly edit one world? This would be absolutelly amazing.

It's more like you can connect single instance of editor to the running main debug application on remote node and perform debugging (since we don't have anymore built-in Editor). However, this feature can be reworked (for example, load Editor as single *.dll / *.so). We will surely add more detailed description when research will be finished. Collaborate edit is really interesting feature, but I suppose it will require a ton of work (especially with undo-redo actions and adding new assets in runtime).

- New terrain object and materials - what can we expect? I would like to freeze our current procedural world generation and move to manual tuning, so it would be good to know planned changes.

It is also currently in research phase. The changes are planned mostly for Sim pipeline improvements (Geo-specific data, GDAL and so on). Not sure at this time how will be changed the manual edit mode, sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 3 months later...