Releases plan for Unigine 2.x

photo

Thx! And another question - docs has an article about migrating U1.x -> u2.0, but what about 2.0RC -> 2.0? Can you provide a short list of differences between these versions to simplify migration?

Thx! And another question - docs has an article about migrating U1.x -> u2.0, but what about 2.0RC -> 2.0? Can you provide a short list of differences between these versions to simplify migration?

Hi Vlad,

all API and content changes from 2.0RC to 2.0 are available in the development log

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the customer's feedback on 2.0 release we have reconsidered priorities for some features, the releases plan is updated.

Also, release date for 2.1 is set to November 9.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ve noticed, that road tool (road object) was postponed quite a lot, which is pitty, it is quite expected feature for us. Regarding functionality, it would be nice, if clutters were able to use such road object like mesh mask. So I can generate vegetation mask(s), put any road on terrain and vegetation wont be in the road area. In case I change road (I assume road would be generated via some re-editable spline), I dont have to modify clutter masks (which can go to dozens). Such feature would be huge timesaver.

I ve noticed, that road tool (road object) was postponed quite a lot, which is pitty, it is quite expected feature for us. Regarding functionality, it would be nice, if clutters were able to use such road object like mesh mask. So I can generate vegetation mask(s), put any road on terrain and vegetation wont be in the road area. In case I change road (I assume road would be generated via some re-editable spline), I dont have to modify clutter masks (which can go to dozens). Such feature would be huge timesaver.

Yes, unfortunately the roads were pushed back due to the fact that we are working on the geo-coords first (in order to be able to use the real-world road network data).

Please post your requirements for the roads system here: https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/3647-roads-system/