significant frame drop between Unigine2RC and older Unigine1 (sim versions both)

photo

the following screenshots are between the sim version of Unigine2RC and an older version of the engine (Sim 2014-04-10), in  fact there is a significant frame drop between all the other versions and the latest one between some of the same samples in the latest version and other ones... this is just an example... the system is the same, the settings are the same, the scripts are the same... can t think of anything that could cause this huge significant drop....

post-55-0-62263400-1436971774_thumb.jpgpost-55-0-78840500-1436971796_thumb.jpg

Hi Marinos,

Can you please make a screenshots with enabled profiler (show_profiler 2 in console)? Also, an engine log files may help a lot in our investigation - could you please attach them (from old SDK and from the new one) to this topic?

Such difference can occur when you launch debug version of engine instead of release. Could you please check that you are using the release binary in both SDK versions?

Thank you!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Marinos,

since I am running the samples from the browser how can I check whether I am running the debug version....?

You can check the used binary in engine log or in the console (by pressing the ` button) at the very beggining of it.

I'm afraid we still need a screenshots with enabled profiler (show_profiler 2 in console) from both SDKs and engine log files that usually stored in <SDK>/bin/log.html file (also from both SDKs).

I've made a quicktest with cloth_08 sample and I have the same fps (but I've compared 2014-07-07 and the latest 2.0 RC version).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: