[SOLVED] Grabber not generating shading for impostors

photo

I was just comparing impostor images that came with stock Unigine trees against impostors I had just generated with grabber of the same tree, and I noticed some discrepancies.

post-1189-0-80897300-1435007550_thumb.jpg

The sheet on the left is ours, the sheet on the right is Unigine's. The first difference is that the impostors we generated from grabber are much brighter. The second is that the Unigine stock trees have some sort of lighting information baked in that helps them perform, looks like it's ambient occlusion. In comparison the impostors grabber generates for us are very flat. I don't see any settings in grabber that would create this kind of a difference. Has grabber itself changed since Unigine's stock impostors were generated?

Hi Ted,

I believe there was no significat changes made to the impostors grabber recently. I've also can confirm that my impostors are much brighter than predefined once. I will ask our technical artists about that difference and report back to this thread.

Thank you for noticing that!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Ted,

I'm afraid the grabber itself is working as expected.

These diffuse impostors that included in SDK were manually edited to achieve this shaded look with a Substance Designer tool. 

It would be nice to describe what kind of modification was done. I am facing same problem, my impostors does not look so well as impostors from SDK.

demostenes

We would love to share the Substance projects with you that can help you, but, unfortunately the original textures from the trees are missed and we can't provide you them. There is also no ultimate one-click solution that will make the impostors look better :(

In attachment you can find Substance designer project (without any textures, AS IS).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

leaves_filter.zip

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

demostenes

We would love to share the Substance projects with you that can help you, but, unfortunately the original textures from the trees are missed and we can't provide you them. There is also no ultimate one-click solution that will make the impostors look better :(

In attachment you can find Substance designer project (without any textures, AS IS).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

attachicon.gifleaves_filter.zip

Thanks, I think this is far enough as inspiration :)