[SOLVED] Getting FX Samples / Imported to Work?

photo

When I try to ADD certain add-on FX samples: fire1, fire 2, for instance...

I see the wiregrid bounding box moving, but I cannot get anything to display correctly (the actual effect is either just showing standard particles with no graphics if I enable the Root Dummy Node, or nothing at all). The child nodes (the actual FX) are not displaying... I increased spawn rate and changed a few parameters to try to solve the issue.

I think I have some working (like the Explosions), though it's hard to tell if I'm seeing the entire sequence. Many of the others appear invisible, nothing happens.

I opened up the SFX add-on file as a blank world, I can see them in the local library, etc...

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry, cant reproduce this issue. What I did:

1. Generate new project with enabled SFX-addon in SDK Browser;
  2. Launch Editor for generated project.
  3. Add SFX node to the world via Main Menu: Create -> Node Reference or Create -> Import Node.
  4. Click Yes for two dialog messages (import 2 material libraries).

Could you please try to do the same? 

If you still have some issues with this - could you attach engine log file from your project (<your project/bin/log.html).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

That fixed it, thank you very much for helping on this!

I was creating projects inside other worlds and I think I had some references missing,
starting blank and using the SDK Browser for the Creation Process for a new world was a much cleaner process...

Have a good day...