El Somni Quas

photo

I ve decided to learn new modelling and texturing techniques. I started with doric order kit. And once you have a kit, there is not that big step to have temple. Well it seems, that one day I have to look again at colloseum:

60.png

61.png

62.png

62b.png

63.png

64.png

65.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 4

Wow. Looks really good! I like it a lot (Blood in the Cella? ohoh something has happenend ;)

Did you try to use higher tiled (or resolution) Normal maps? The scaling influences the perception of Scale. For my eye the elements appear a bit small. (But I guess that is the visual style you want to achieve).

Best. W.

tempel-von-zeus-athen-korinthische-bestellung-griechenland-44362345.jpg

15 minutes ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Wow. Looks really good! I like it a lot (Blood in the Cella? ohoh something has happenend ;)

Did you try to use higher tiled (or resolution) Normal maps? The scaling influences the perception of Scale. For my eye the elements appear a bit small. (But I guess that is the visual style you want to achieve).

Best. W.

Well, actually these are rose petals, I forgot some unfineshed decal on the floor ;) I cant increase tiling, because all (majority) textures are in 0,1 UV space. But most of textures are 2k, so I can go little bit higer. I think perception of scale will be fixed once put into the scene and there will be some characters, etc, there is simply missing some reference point. Maybe I can give there more decorations like vases, etc....Btw even in real "scene" you cant hardly guess, that statue is 12m tall, until somebody stands beside it: Athena statue in The Parthenon Museum in Nashville TN | Nashville vacation,  Nashville, Nashville museums

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, demostenes said:

Btw even in real "scene" you cant hardly guess, that statue is 12m tall, until somebody stands beside it: 

You are so right.
But we (humans) know what materials look like. We can feel if its correct, and sometimes, the aesthetic tells a different story. When using a wrong texture scale, it might happen, that a pebble looks like a boulder or vice versa. Togehther with the human body it might change the image, but the perception still stays the same.

Sure its also always a balance in real time gfx. between tech, aesthetic and realism. But I think, that scaling does a lot to tell you if its 'real' or not.

The statue is gorgeous. I guess that is doable in Unig.

... And about the roses (blood), hehe. sry ;)

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, demostenes said:

I ve decided to learn new modelling and texturing techniques. I started with doric order kit. And once you have a kit, there is not that big step to have temple. Well it seems, that one day I have to look again at colloseum:

Really nice. My I ask you what are you using for modelling and texturing.

• 4 months later...