El Somni Quas

photo

Since our game went from stealth mode to public, it makes sense to introduce it even here.

El Somni Quas is a new indie fantasy MMO, currently in the state of developement, with ambition of recreating hardcore experience of the past and combine it with modern graphics and user interface.  Based on successful free to play shard Endor, we are taking advantage of it’s time proven ruleset and vibrant ecomomy that has been stable for over thirteen years.

Highlights:

• No inflation of values and achievements. Do you hate, when you invest hundreds of hours to gain something and new data disc gives that almost for free? Do you hate, when great artefacts of past are nothing in compare to new additions? Well, this will never happen in ESQ. Content will indeed grow during time, but only in amount and diversity, not in power.
  • Gameplay based on your skill. Especially PvP. You need to learn how to dodge, target, think about which spell will you use when. You will still level your character up, but influence of character level will be not that big as it is common nowdays. You will be not invulnerable for characters several levels lower.
  • Old school PvE. No linear dungeons, but mazes full of secret levers and traps. Difficulty scaled more with AI than hit points of NPCs. You can indeed harm your party with misfired spells.
  • Ballanced PvP/PvE/crafting systems. We know, that one cannot work without the other in the long term.
  • Full loot. If you die, you can loose whatever you have on your body. Don’t feed the PKs, don’t go in mithril, where iron will do. And yes, PKs, except city guard zone there is no protection. .
  • Full blown crafting.  Vendors will get you but the most basic tools. Main source of equip is crafting.
  • Housing. Private or guild. Build it, maintain it, improve it, love it (and store all your gold in there).
  • First Person ranged combat, 3rd person meelee and peace mode.  You can sneak up on people, if they are not careful enough.
  • Definitely not epic. No insanely huge swords and shoes, no disco like lightning effects, no purple mounts, but decent realistic look (as fantasy MMO can have).

Press kit link (pictures):

http://www.esqgame.com/press/sheet.php?p=El_Somni_Quas

First articles in press:

http://massivelyop.net/tag/el-somni-quas/

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Hey Demostenes,

these latest screens look really impressive.

It seems that there has been a lot of changes.

It has a very nice feeling.

Like it.

cheers.

Werner

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Btw, this structure has 25M polygons and is made of 12000 objects (cca 45k surfaces), it is quite big. After using various unigine tools like ocludors, LOD system, etc... it has little impact on scene performance, it does cca 45 FPS on 6 years old GPU. Praise to Unigine rendering capabilities!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great story, we are looking forward for the release.

Also thank you for your kind words! The only minor mistake is that our HQ is located in Tomsk, Russia.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

We really like the new terrain engine. Still WIP, but results already very promising. And performance is fantastic: image.thumb.png.5fb13d247b8a3924d923104c0c4728ce.png
image.thumb.png.6ebfbdc0996b5967ac325b1da7741bf1.png
image.thumb.png.9762a7354e0a9fd7f9b9c5cca360eb57.png
image.thumb.png.91d9fc47330eab46157e095c63f59e1b.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 10
28 minutes ago, morbid said:

@demostenes,

looks amazing, please convey our admiration of the work you've made so far!

By the way, how have you dealt with the rivers?

I ve used create water device in WM (it is new feature for I think 2 latest versions), which can generate rivers completely naturaly. I think now it is only tool on the market, which can do that. But they have some bugs there (resolution of carved river does not scale with resolution of height map), water mesh is not usable at all, etc.. So I ve reported that and lets see, if they will fix it. If not, I have to generate water mesh manually (what about your river tool? :) ) and somehow smooth borders of rivers (maybe I will try spline river device manually, but it will never look so natural), or use other erossion step. We will see, it is still WIP.

Edited by demostenes
  • 2 weeks later...

We have decided to rebuilt our favourite PvP arena, this time with much bigger historical accuracy and optimized for performance. Model contains ALL inner corridors (cca 5 km), floors and staircases (above 100), everything 99 percent historically accurate. Only gladiator gates and emperors box are big mistery up to day, so we improvized there. It still need lightning and some other small tweaks, but it is more or less done:

image.thumb.png.a93c888ecac6170c0409091546bd37cf.png

image.thumb.png.84cee6981ea8079f49edacf94d0b1d20.png

image.thumb.png.16b730aec95fc645bfea4d667c8e6f85.png

image.thumb.png.a93c888ecac6170c0409091546bd37cf.png

image.thumb.png.9f082d1f7a680e485b3a5ad01c003c16.png

image.thumb.png.4ab611f83ddf9f6e2129bb1b2c5cbd20.png

image.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 4

@demostenes hopefully to add some useful opinion, only since you was speaking about realism and I suppose this is Colosseum in Rome where I lived for a couple of years, I suppose even in ancient times when was a much newer artifact was for sure not so clean :). Maybe it's just the style of your game and if so nothing to say, or maybe it's just an work in progress so more is coming, just if you are pushing for realism please consider this suggestion.

Edited by davide445
7 minutes ago, davide445 said:

@demostenes hopefully to add some useful opinion, only since you was speaking about realism and I suppose this is Colosseum in Rome where I lived for a couple of years, I suppose even in ancient times when was a much newer artifact was for sure not so clean :). Maybe it's just the style of your game and if so nothing to say, or maybe it's just an work in progress so more is coming, just if you are pushing for realism please consider this suggestion.

Sure, some weathering is definitelly needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Acidentally turned on two  bioms simultaneously. Useless, but impresive and even playable FPS: 

image.thumb.png.e00f4eee8f02e217bc6bf933608807da.png

image.thumb.png.84fd80077da8728e2cb55b44f3519bb6.png

image.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 8
  • 2 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, davide445 said:

It is more fun sub project than main scope of our work, but I ve managed to get some time to do some retexture and add some weathering. Next step will be adding more decorations (statues, banners, decals...), lights (torches, braziers) and finaly some light baking  
image.thumb.png.2f3252bef0ec86318c5dd970edbfa9a7.png

image.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 4
  • 3 months later...

Since my model is 1:1 copy of original (up to the latest window and stair), I tried what will better lightning do (2 minute long low res bake). Building inside is VERY complex and everything is positioned in way to allow light go inside. Actually its design is really amazing, you will not notice these details until you try to rebuild it. So I ve baked ligtning. It works exactly as in reality, even inner circles have some light: 

image.thumb.png.5a1f1a3d04f674973d3ade9c72b0f509.png

image.thumb.png.f64806ff918e4920ed2ab5ecc033af3c.png

image.thumb.png.2a078a8e90bfb847958bea486d309ed1.png

image.thumb.png.776a8d7c9eaf160117938721451623a6.png

unknown.png

image.thumb.png.95d7dfc4a6cbc90437bb00c307a7e369.png

image.png

image.thumb.png.51eb386c9fb63b837514f5a2e8c5c758.png

Edited by demostenes
  • Like 5