[SOLVED] Can't export nodes for Unigine 2

photo

I installed the new exporter for 3ds Max 2014, and now none of the nodes I export will import to Unigine 2. The .mesh file imports fine, but when I try to import the node file I get these errors: 

Node::createNode(): unkown node type name "ObjectMesh"

Editor::load_node(): unknown node type "ObjectMesh"

Editor::load_nodes(): can't load node from "unigine/nodes/test/test.node"

World::loadNodes(): can't load nodes

The new exporter was installed with the install.bat file that came with the new exporters.

The 2015 exporter just crashes whenever I try to export anything. I get this error from the max script in 3ds max 2015:

--Type error: CreateDialog requires RolloutClass, got: undefined

The problem with the 2015 exporter started when I tried to import a .mesh file, and now it won't work at all. I've attached my 2014 and 2015 plugins and the test node I exported from max 2014. I've tried deleting the .dle files from my plugin directory, reinstalling, and restarting max, but I get the same result. Do you have a solution?

plugins 2014.rar

plugins 2015.rar

test node.rar

Hi Ted,

Sorry, but we removed Node export option in the new export plugins. If you still see this option in 3ds Max it means that you are exporting to the old *.node and *.mesh formats that should be upgraded first to use with Unigine 2.0. You can check the migration guide here.

The 2015 exporter just crashes whenever I try to export anything.

We also removed main menu integration, so if you are using the new plugin it should be loaded from the Utilities menu

Please, make sure that you removed all files from the old plugins before installing and using newest. Have you tried to install plugins from the Tools package separetely? Btw, what SDK version are you using - beta or alpha?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I tried using both the install.bat, and copying the files manually. I'm using beta.

Why were these features removed? Are nodes being phased out? They're very useful for managing lots of objects, and necessary for world clusters. How should I create them now?

Hi Ted!

Try to use old UnigineMenu.ms plugin and replace all "ObjectMesh" by "ObjectMeshStatic" in export_node function. Also, don't forget to rename "mesh" to "mesh_name" as well.

So there lines:

format "\t<node type=\"ObjectMesh\" name=\"%\">\n" (name as string) to:file
format "\t\t<mesh>%</mesh>\n" (path_prefix + "meshes/" + name + ".mesh") to:file

format "\t\t<node type=\"ObjectMesh\" name=\"%\">\n" (group.name as string) to:file
format "\t\t\t<mesh>%</mesh>\n" (path_prefix + "meshes/" + group.name + ".mesh") to:file

Will be

format "\t<node type=\"ObjectMeshStatic\" name=\"%\">\n" (name as string) to:file
format "\t\t<mesh_name>%</mesh_name>\n" (path_prefix + "meshes/" + name + ".mesh") to:file

format "\t\t<node type=\"ObjectMeshStatic\" name=\"%\">\n" (group.name as string) to:file
format "\t\t\t<mesh_name>%</mesh_name>\n" (path_prefix + "meshes/" + group.name + ".mesh") to:file

Another solution is to use our upgrade script with old node export plugin. Here's how you can do this: https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/start/migration_guide/content_migration/

Even by doing so I'm not sure it'll work properly as we changed our mesh format as well as export plugin logic, so there might be problems with that.