Particle system editor suggestions

photo

I am going to keep this short to begin with, but I want to suggest that Ungine to re-haul their particle system editor.  Right now it has very rudimentary systems that allows very basic functionality.  I would love to be able to fine-tune VFX in a single editor.

For me, the most prominent thing would be:

Particle behavior over life

The current implementation allows for certain properties to be set with a hard-coded value, that have a spread that is randomly and then linearly interpolated over time.  A good example of this is "growth".  I would love to be able to add a curve value saying that a particle is going to stay at 100% size until the end of its life, then grow really fast for the last 10% of it's life.  Unigine's implementation is linear from birth to death and allows no customization.  Both Unity and Unreal have had such functionality for a long time, and I would love to see it here as well.

Numerical vs. graphical behavior

Another thing that I feel should be changed programatically vs. artistically is the color and alpha (over life) of particles.  These values are currently being input from grayscale and color gradient maps that I feel could be represented numerically.  A simple gradient map that could be tweaked at run-time would save numerous hours of tweaking values in photoshop and then re-imported.  Again, great examples are in Unreal and Unity.