[SOLVED] Coordinate system und projection

photo

Hi there

We're trying to create with the two external tools, Global Mapper and CityEngine, the data for the Unigine's City Plugin. I know this is not the main topic of this forum. But I think for Port Angeles you faced the same problems and used the same tools, and possibly could give us some hints or help.

- Did you also export from Global Mapper GeoTiff for the height map used in CityEngine to align the buildings and streets to their correct height?

- Which coordinate system and projection did you use as export in Global mapper and as import in CityEngine?

- Is there an alternative approach to align the buildings/roads height instead of using the CityEngine? I tried it in Unigine, and I can only change the whole bunch of buildings... post-1459-0-27784400-1422529009_thumb.png

Thanks in advance,

Renato

Hi Renato,

- Did you also export from Global Mapper GeoTiff for the height map used in CityEngine to align the buildings and streets to their correct height?

CityEngine allows to use any source to calculate heightmap data, so you can use what is more suitable for you.

- Which coordinate system and projection did you use as export in Global mapper and as import in CityEngine?

If I remember correctly, we used UTM coordinate system.

- Is there an alternative approach to align the buildings/roads height instead of using the CityEngine? I tried it in Unigine, and I can only change the whole bunch of buildings... 

Any DCC tool or script, that can generate valid meshes (with correct height data) for the City Import plugin.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks Andrey,

Somehow I can't get the coordinate system to be the same. CityEngine complains that the height model and the osm import are too far away from each other. I'm sure I have a difference in the coordinate system, but can't see where...

I will keep searching :unsure:

Thanks anyway,

Renato