[UNIGINE] Oil Rush

photo

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally the game is released, we have implemented a lot of engine optimizations thanks to it and we hope that Oil Rush sources are a good reference for other Unigine developers.

Uploading release version to the portal now.

• 1 month later...

Uploading release version to the portal now.

Denis, not sure, but i ask:

I downloaded Oilrush via Software from developer.unigine.com to take a look into the gameplay, but when installing, i get promted to enter a serial.

is it tought that unigine customers can install the game, or just take a look in the .ung file waterwar?

i wanted to try the game but i'm not sure now if we can try it for free in a full version, or if i have to buy it via steam or else?

couldnt find a developer serial, so i assume one does have to buy it? thanks for clarification!

Pascal

Oh, sorry about that - we uploaded protected Windows version. We'll fix it within the Oil Rush update in 2-3 days.

No, you don't need to buy it, we provide Oil Rush license to each customer for free.

There is a one-page OilRush review in latest german PC Games magazine with title "OilRush - Indie strategy at high seas: strong engine, good price"

post-82-0-55710800-1331382654_thumb.jpg

graphics - Nice water rendering, neat explosions, good textures and a lot of building details. The unigine engine is nothing to sneeze at.

sound - Average, but at least impellent sound track. Amateurish sounding english speakers.

controls - Only some keys are required, most of the control via mouse. Quite laborious selection of units.

Reviewer assessment summary PRO

• nice graphics
  • unconsumed story setting
  • Fair gameplay amount, fair price
  • Elegant, slim game principle

Reviewer assessment summary CON

• ... but no real game play depth
  • Weak story with boring characters
  • Laborious selection of units
  • Only few unit types

Conclusion

73 out of possible 100 points, quite good rating and an overall positive review