video_grab console command - set absolute path on Windows

photo

I want to save a sequence of screenshots to a RAM disk for performance reasons. However I cannot set an absolute path i.e. Q:\screenshots\ - instead the only argument I can pass is a relative path to $APP\bin\screenshots\

Or at leasts if there is a way I can't see it.

Hi,

I'm afraid for the present moment path for video_grab is related to bin/screenshots.

We'll add this problem to our task list, but we can't give any ETA.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• 1 year later...

Any update on this feature? I just tried to do this and had the same issue.  I'd like to be able to save my screenshots to: "C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games/<game_name>/screenshots/"  Is it possible to write my own screenshot function as a workaround?

Edit: I was able to work around it by adding a BUNCH of "../../../../"  relative up directory strings, but it's certainly not an elegant solution.  Also, that only works if the program already resides on the same drive as the windows user profile.

Hi Cory,

You can pass project_name startup parameter to your application (https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/code/command_line?words=project_name,project_nam#highlight).

For example, we used this approach in our benchmarks: -project_name "Valley" parameter will create directory %userprofile%/Valley under Windows where engine config, shaders cache and screenshots will be stored.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Actually, upon talking to several others, it seems many people change their default "Saved Games" to other drives besides their windows install or even their userprofile directory.  The current solutions only allow a path relative to install directory or userprofile.  Is there a possibility of being able to provide an absolute path for the project_name data in the future?