[SOLVED] editor will not allow to add animation file

photo

Hello,

I'm afraid that names of bones are different in *.smesh and *.sanim file you've send.
So it is not working in MeshViewer the same way.

Check the following steps:
 - Load mesh: load *.smesh
 - Load mesh: select Animation only and load *.sanim

If you have some problems with animation export from 3D Editors, you can save animation from MeshViewer. You can find some instruction in this forum topic.

• 1 year later...

Hi !
I have the same "can't find bones" problem.

I'm working with CAT Rig. Maybe CAT Rigs are the problem ?
The .anim has got all the right bones, but it can't be read in Unigine. I have added a right root bone. Everything is correctly linked and parented.

I hope you can help me !

Thank's
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

*.obj files are not designed to have a skinning geometry (only static geometry without bones is supported). So, I'm afraid it is not possible to make a skinned geometry from *.obj file.

I've also checked your *.mesh file - it doesn't contain any bones (just load the model in ResourceEditor and you will see it).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I don't think the *.mesh file need to contain any bones. No doubt the problem is coming from the *.anim.

But I can't find how to resolve this problem. My file is just the same as the agent example !

Hi Nicolas,

I'm afraid, skinned geometry should contain bones (so called skin controller or skin clusters). Your file is not the same that included in <SDK>/data/samples/animation/meshes directory and it could not be used for animation because it contains only static geometry and engine handle such file as a static mesh.

skinned_geometry.jpg

How to export skinned geometry from 3ds Max or Maya you can find in our documentation:

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: