[WONTFIX] Unigine Game SDK DX11 render

photo

When i create a new world in editor and run it under the dx11 i bring debug message of 

D3D11 WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::DrawIndexed: The Pixel Shader expects a Render Target View bound to slot 1, but none is bound. This is OK, as writes of an unbound Render Target View are discarded. It is also possible the developer knows the data will not be used anyway. This is only a problem if the developer actually intended to bind a Render Target View here. [ EXECUTION WARNING #3146081: DEVICE_DRAW_RENDERTARGETVIEW_NOT_SET]

and have triple or more fps falling. what can i do?

Hi, I'm just run your main_x86d.exe under the MSVS 2010 with the following command line arguments: 
-data_path .. / 
when I load the editor via the console, I get the message

D3D11 WARNING: ID3D11DeviceContext::DrawIndexed: The Pixel Shader expects a Render Target View bound to slot 1, but none is bound. This is OK, as writes of an unbound Render Target View are discarded. It is also possible the developer knows the data will not be used anyway. This is only a problem if the developer actually intended to bind a Render Target View here. [ EXECUTION WARNING #3146081: DEVICE_DRAW_RENDERTARGETVIEW_NOT_SET]

This is log.html 

log.html

Hi Igor,

Sorry, still can't reproduce. My steps:

• Remove *.cfg files from <SDK>/source/app/main directory;
  • Open main_vc2010.vcxproj from <SDK>/source/app/main in Visual Studio 2010 Express;
  • In Project properties in Debugging options add Command Arguments: -data_path ../../../ -video_app direct3d11;
  • Press F5 button;
  • Open console (~) and type editor_load command.

Second try:

• Open <SDK>/bin/main_x86d in Visual Studio 2010 Express;
  • Modify launch options: -data_path ../;
  • Press F5 button;
  • Open console (~) and type editor_load commad;

Log from Visual Studio in attachement.

About FPS drops: after editor loading my fps also frops from 4000 to 1000, but it is normal behavior. You can also notice fps drops when you enabled console.

Could you please try to update your GPU driver to the latest (335.23) and try again?

Thanks!

vs2010_launch.txt

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Igor,

Quick answer from devs: engine works as expected. So, I'm afraid this is a correct behavior. Fps drop is not related with this warning (you can compare fps values with -video_app direct3d9 or opengl parameters).

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

---

Hi,

I compared fps with dx11 and dx9 renders on test scene. The differences are big (12 on dx11 with that warning and 79 on dx9 without warnings). All what I changed was only render API.

I don't know, maybe it is not related with this warning, but we need to do something with fps drop.

Could you tell me please,

How do we can eliminate that warning and raise performance on dx11 render api?

Я сравнил количество кадров на 9 (79) и 11(12) DirectX'ах на тестовой сцене с одной и той же точки. На 11 все также сохраняется это сообщение в дебагере, на 9 его нет. Все что я менял это API в настройках. Возможно я поторопился с тем, чтобы говорить что падение фпс связано с этим предупреждением, но факт падения на лицо. Подскажите как убрать предупреждение и поднять фпс на 11 дх до уровня 9-го. Спасибо.

Hi Igor,

I'm afraid we need to check your scene before we can say how to improve performance. Could you please share with us your test scene?

You can upload your files to our ftp server:

or to any other fileserver.

Thanks!

---

Hi. I tried to create a new scene. Try different render APIs and you was right. Fps does not depends on this warning. I uploaded scene on your ftp server.

How do I can eliminate that warning. Does it depends on my video card?

Hi,

I tried to find a way to suppress only this warning message in Visual Studio, but without any success. I think the only way to remove this warning is to disable Program Output logging inside Visual Studio. You still can get access to the program output in running debug engine isntance in separate command line window.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

output_logging.png

---