Cloth's rubber coefficient

photo

Well, back to the same issue over cloth system. Over some play-time or abrupt movements, most cloth will get screwed up.

Please take a look at the attached pic, the pointy hat is flipped outside "in".

I understand that there's this save and load function, but that's useless since I won't know when the polygons need to be reloaded.

I still would like a coefficient that gradually force cloth to its original form much like rubber (not just limit its linear and angles). This would be a great practical plus to your cloth system.

Best,

ps. If you notice closely, there're seams between the attached cloth and the model too. Is there anyway to close thew gap and smooth out the cloth and the attached object?

post-1076-0-30373300-1392074962_thumb.jpg

I think you should provide some higher resolution screenshots of your model with wireframe rendering enabled so UNIGINE experts get a better feeling for your problematic cloth geometries. Even better would be a small test scene. Just based on your verbal description it will be hard to provide any useful advice how to avoid these problems.

We did indeed, go in and rotate all the 1000+ tris by hand to meet your cloth requirement.

It didn't help much though.. With abrupt movement or after you play the game awhile, cloth is always stucked or messed up in the wrong shape.

It's just not very practical for us without some more control over it.

So can we expect any support on this cloth system in the future?

ps. attached is a wireframe image as request... (the cloth always got stucked inside our character's body collision.)

post-1076-0-98240100-1392172153_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...

Has any progress been made on this front? I am experiencing very similar issues with the windsock objects we are trying to use in our sim.

If I gradually alternate the physical wind force that is being applied to them between our min and max they slowly become more and more stiff. They do not reset to their original state after extended use.

After a very long session they will be stuck in their "max" value position regardless of what wind values are being applied.