Roadmap 2014

photo

It is already known, how will be limitation with 4 terrain chunk textures solved? We would like to start preparation in advance. For example in case Unigine would be able to import 16 layer splat map (instead of 4 like now), we can prepare such splat now and save some time. Thanks!

Any progress? It would help us a lot to know how the implemenation will look, so we can reconfigure scripts/3rd party tools for world generation and prepare multi texture terrain in advance.

• 1 month later...

Terrain is improved, it will be available within the next SDK update.

Since there is a huge number of changes in the upcoming update, it will take more time to stabilise them, so ETA is September.

There is a huge number of improvements on content pipeline and tools as well, so that's unlikely that we can push it faster. The team is already doing their best.

Terrain is improved, it will be available within the next SDK update.

This is indeed great news. How does this feature work? Can I now import for example 20 layer PSD with texture masks? Or there will be different workflow?

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking at the 2014 roadmap, it looks awfully "unbolded", not many features delivered. Anything that will not make it by dec 31?

I am sure, that the upcoming update will fullfill a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

We are still waiting for DK2 device arrival. I believe Oculus would be available to our developers in late September / early October. After that we can start working on DK2 support.

we have it in office for some time already and our coders working on it with unigine,.. if interested in any collaboration regarding it, i'm sure our coders will be open for it

• 2 months later...