[SOLVED]Skinner debug message issue.

photo

hi: I met a issue of the message joint in schemer. If I open the schemer sample in the sdk, i could use schemer.message to show message. But when i launch skinner sample and would like show some message. it's not showing. I checked the show_message cvar is turned on. Also in the block define, if i put a log.message in the skinner, it won't show up. Could anyone try to reproduce this? Any suggestion to debug the skinner/schemer graph? It would be best if there is a debug mode which could show the link value in red when changing directly on the gui. Yang

Hello,

Could you please provide a simple skinner script with message block where you can meet the issue?

Thanks!

hi Sebastian:

Here is the step for the test:

1:open the sample samples\skinner\skinner_00

2:open the editor by click the editor button

3:in the editor, drag a schemer.message to the view and link the update joint to the message joint. input any string for debug

4: click run button 

result: there is no message showing. but if you do the same in the schemer sample. the message works fine.

Could you please delete all the additional blocks from the script in skinner_00 and set joints accordingly to the picture in attach.

Is there still no message in log?

post-737-0-88983900-1383713449_thumb.png

hi Sebastian:

after i remove all the joint and use your setup. the message shows up. Do you know why the message is disabled in the previous setup?

Any suggestion on how to debug the schemer/skinner? cause when some issue happen i can't figure out where is the problem.

Thanks

Yang

Hi Yang,

It's important to connect output anchor of message block to the input anchor of the next block.
Message won't be shown if output is not connected or the path is incorrect.

For the debugging you can edit blocks: add logging messages inside blocks, create additional output with debug info.

Check docs and *.blocks files with all general blocks here in SDK:

<SDK>/data/core/systems/schemer/blocks/schemer.block
<SDK>/data/core/systems/skinner/blocks/skinner.block