[SOLVED] How to upgrade engine version

photo

There is a project on the old version UnigineSDK_source_2013-11-xx need to update it to a newer version UnigineSDK_source_2013-08-16. There is no time to start it from the scratch. How to upgrade the engine of the project on a new release?

I'm trying to update the project with upgrade.py to the new version of the SDK (2013-08-16). In the console window I see a lot of errors such as

Starting upgrade, ignored list: ['.svn', '.cvs', 'core']
upgrading E:\Bagram\/bin/Bagram.world [world]
Error: can't upgrade E:\Bagram\/bin/Bagram.world
upgrading E:\Bagram\/data/.world [world]
Error: can't upgrade E:\Bagram\/data/.world
upgrading E:\Bagram\/data/project_afg/afg_test.world [world]
Error: can't upgrade E:\Bagram\/data/project_afg/afg_test.world
upgrading E:\Bagram\/data/project_afg/layers/aircrafts.node [world]
Error: can't upgrade E:\Bagram\/data/project_afg/layers/aircrafts.node
and so on.

The file errors.log is not generated! I used a search that would find it.
Help me to upgrade the project to the new version of the SDK.

I installed the new sdk in folder "D:\Unigine source SDK".

My project is located in a separate folder "E:\Bagram". Accordingly, the files in the E:\Bagram\bin refer to the old version SDK.I need to update my separate project to the new version of SDK. How can I do this correctly?

Now the project is working without any problems, but the editor version 0.69. I need version 0.70 with new features.

Thanks!

Hi,

First of all, backup the old project files (All directory E:\Bagram). After that you can just copy files from new SDK to your old location with overwrite option. Or you can copy your project into the new SDK folder and launch it from the new location.

Unfortunately, if you have modified Unigine core scripts inside <SDK>/data/core and <SDK>/data/scripts directory they will not work or can be incompatible with new versions. Also, if you have modified engine sources it would be hard to port your changes to the new versions.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: