[SOLVED] Control over ClothBody and RagDoll

photo

How do I gain precise control over where the ClothBody pinning to a Ragdoll with JointParticles?

When adding the joint particles to a ragdoll, there seem to be no option to adjust how far or which points of the cloth body are bounded in place. I'd tried changing the ragdoll's bone collision shape and size but it didn't help either. Your document was referring to "Threshold" but I don't see any thing like that anywhere...

Hello,

Please, try to use "Approximation error" and "Volume threshold" parameters at RagDoll parameters dialog: Nodes -> Body -> Bones: Create -> RagDoll parameters.

If you need to approximate model more accurate set the "Approximation error" value to 0 and disable "Capsule shape".

The lower is "Volume Threshold" value, the more bones are represented in rigid body. So you can add joints to every part of you model.

You can find some additional information about Rigit Body here.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late replay, I was too busy.. This issue is still unresolved for us though.

What I want to do is:

"To follow bones transformations, each vertex of the cloth that is found in the pin joint area is mapped to the nearest skinned mesh vertex (up to the distance specified by the Threshold parameter."

I have no idea how to do this. Right now we have seams all over character's cloth attachment points. We did try adding new separate matching material for clothings and that didn't seem to help neither. Can you provide us with some pointers?

Hello,

Please, check samples/physics/cloth_06 and samples/physics/cloth_07 in SDK samples.

In both samples cloth body is attached to the additional surface which replicates cloth body or part of it.
The joint pin area is determined by joint size. You can set it by using Nodes -> Joints -> Size fields.

Yes, we have checked your cloth06 and 07 examples. Cloths in those example simply attach to one ragdoll bone and are turned into inanimated points.

What we want to do is for cloth to attached to animated mesh vertex which are pulled by more than one bone via the weight map. Can this be done?

There should be no differences. You can use several joints and if your bones are involved in animation cloth will follow the bones transformations.

If you can provide us a source file (*.MAX or other) as a sample and an exact description of the problem to get more specific informaion.

• 4 months later...