Updated documentation site

photo

• 2 weeks later...

403 Forbidden Access was denied to this resource.

Resource denied

I can no longer access the docs :blink:

Edit: I think my licence is due for renewal, but still the SDK doesn't come with an offline version of the docs anymore so this is a pain!

Improved search for documentation.

The following special operators and modifiers can be used:

• operator OR: hello | world
  • operator NOT: hello -world, hello !world
  • field search operator: @title hello @content world
  • phrase search operator: "hello world"
  • strict order operator (aka operator "before"): aaa << bbb << ccc
  • exact form modifier: raining =cats and =dogs

any eta on finishing the material_chain_base page? it has been off for quite a while

Chain material is a tricky one. It requires special mesh for correct result.

You can dig into data/samples/materials/chain_00-chain_02 samples.

This samples construct the skinned mesh files from static mesh source.

The resulted skinned mesh file must contain just two animation frames:

• The first frame is bind pose frame with all identity transformations.
  • The second frame is frame with real link transformations (of course you can use multiple frames or even update link transformations manually).

To move chain you should just update "bone_offset" material parameter (0.0-1.0 range for one chain step) without affecting bone transformations.

The shader performs linear interpolation between neighbor bones (links) so they should be placed in successive order in skinned mesh file.

Are there any restrictions with the searching field? For example I was looking for the Perlin function (engine.game.getNoise()) and type "perlin" or "noise" in it. It seems that the searching engine aren't looking into the code-segments and his documentation.

EDIT: Sorry, but I searched for that words in the filter-tab, and overlooked the search-bar on top. :)

Are there any restrictions with the searching field? For example I was looking for the Perlin function (engine.game.getNoise()) and type "perlin" or "noise" in it. It seems that the searching engine aren't looking into the code-segments and his documentation.

EDIT: Sorry, but I searched for that words in the filter-tab, and overlooked the search-bar on top. :)

Sorry for the confusion, it's renamed to "navigation filter" now.

any eta on finishing the material_chain_base page? it has been off for quite a while

We plan to complete updating documentation on the materials library in October, most of the work is already done.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn thx!

I appreciate the fact that now you can search for everything in your web document now,

I don't get why can't you put the Advanced search and Quick filter in the same box though...