Unigine Script: IDE?Debug?

photo

Hi, I'm a new one, I write code using VS2010 before, So would anybody give some instruction to UnigineScript IDE and debug. Thanks!

There is NO script editor with integrated debugger, this is a long-time requested feature. Script editing can/has to be done with simple text editor, debugging is handled via interactive command window. See documentation on debugging

I can't find a start in 'UnigineScript' section of Docs;  :unsure:

1. Read the complete documentation, do it multiple times, as it is quite a complex topic

2. Have a look into the numerous provided sample scripts in <sdk-root>\data\samples\...

3. Try to write and run your first own world script with minimal required init() function  and "hello world" output and extend this step-by-step with some more useful script code

As always, its hard in the beginning, so don't be too de-motivated if it takes some time :)

1. Read the complete documentation, do it multiple times, as it is quite a complex topic

2. Have a look into the numerous provided sample scripts in <sdk-root>\data\samples\...

3. Try to write and run your first own world script with minimal required init() function  and "hello world" output and extend this step-by-step with some more useful script code

As always, its hard in the beginning, so don't be too de-motivated if it takes some time :)

Thanks ulf!

I will read the documentation times.  And I code the first hello world app sucessfully.

But it's a hard work to code logic without 'Intelligent prompt' or 'autocompletition',  and with some other errors such as 'Undefined identifiers‘.(Press F12 in vs you can easily find the definition of a variable or function).

So what kinds of steps do you  use to help coding?  Thanks for any instructions!

Not really much more than naked NotePad++ editor, always open UNIGINE help doc and a lot of small incremental code update/test cycles, as debugging in UNIGINE is a pain in the a.... (sorry frustum, scripting engine really is great, but lack of state-of-the-art or even normal debugging tools is ruining it all for larger code bases. This remains a key UNIGINE engine design flaw since years from a programming point of view and it is quite frustrating that all user requests have been more or less ignored...)

Not really much more than naked NotePad++ editor, always open UNIGINE help doc and a lot of small incremental code update/test cycles, as debugging in UNIGINE is a pain in the a.... (sorry frustum, scripting engine really is great, but lack of state-of-the-art or even normal debugging tools is ruining it all for larger code bases. This remains a key UNIGINE engine design flaw since years from a programming point of view and it is quite frustrating that all user requests have been more or less ignored...)

I found this post:

https://developer.unigine.com/forum/topic/213-editors-for-unigine-script/?hl=kdevelop#entry1040

They use kdevelop or vim . I gonna try them.

Maybe help.