UNIGINE at ITEC 2013 (Rome, Italy)

photo

The International Forum for the Military Training, Education and Simulation Sectors (May 22-24, Rome) is one of the most important and major industrial events that combines thematic exhibition and forum. UNIGINE Corp. demonstrates new features of UNIGINE Engine for simulation, visualization projects and virtual reality systems at ITEC. Visit our stand #B160 to see all-new unannounced UNIGINE-powered technology demo based on geospatial data. We also invite you to attend the UNIGINE Engine presentation at the Innovative Showcase at 5 PM on May 22!

Please contact us via info@unigine.com to make an appointment.  

See you in Rome!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

winning screenshots!

how noticeable are the shadow splits when camera is under motion?

(please say the helicopter is playable...)

As the ITEC is primarily a military user event I would highly recommend to use a military helicopter (Apache, Tiger, or MV-22 with some nice tilt-rotor transition animations, lighting/engine exhaust heat effects, etc) for the demo. Military users love this martial stuff and ambulance helicopter is for loosers...

Ulf, thank you for the recommendation.

However, since we are a non-military company, we prefer to show civil transport. Moreover, this demo is based on a real-world geospatial data and we don't want to be provocative with military helicopters flying over a peaceful land.

However, since we are a non-military company, we prefer to show civil transport. Moreover, this demo is based on a real-world geospatial data and we don't want to be provocative with military

helicopters flying over a peaceful land.

understood, though you then will be a big exception there :)

Unfortunately our team is a bit quiet on the forum for the last week - sorry, guys. We all (developers, artists, QA engineers) are working hard on the new demo and corresponding SDK improvements (which are amazing, believe me).

We'll get back to the normal schedule after May, 27.

Bella Italia.

Looking forwad to SDk, and wish you success on your ITEC and Showcase presentations.

best.w.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Denis, hope that ITEC was a success ! When will we see some videos of the presented showcase ? I think forum users are quite interested seeing it in action !

The success is great news. I am glad for Unigine.

The video preview will also be well received by the current users. It appears much work was undertaken for this presentation and we are all eager to see what has kept the Unigine team so busy for the last few weeks.

We are also keen to hear about the tweaks and additions to the engine to make this huge data set run well.

60GB is quite large for any single world; though, we have space here...!!  ;) (HDD is in the mail...)

Cheers to the crew.

Nat.

I would really like to see settings of these scenes. Various clutter settings, grass settings, rendering settings, tracker settings, sun color temperature etc....would be possible to share this?

Are you still using World Machine for terrain and mask generation?

Yes, ITEC was very successful for us.

The demo is pretty large (60 Gb), so we'll share only video next week.

Still no video ?

It shouldn't be to hard to render a video of the showcase, this is standard procedure and itec is over for a long time now :)

My guess is that the ITEC crowd are not as tough critics as the forum users ;) and they are trying to get the gargantuan thing looking the way they want it.

+inf for any visual confirmation...

(pics or it didn't happen...)

It shouldn't be to hard to render a video of the showcase, this is standard procedure and itec is over for a long time now :)

Sorry - we are still trying to get up to the speed after the show, a lot of stuff to be done for SDK update. Video is pushed back to Monday.