Ai3D - Tech demo - Finished (put aside for now)

photo

*EDIT - Finished works on youtube at the end of this page

Ai3D tech demo - work in progress

Unigine interactive interior

realtime reflections,

very high resolution,

very high frame rate,

very high level of niceness....

Giddyup!

post-73-0-78110400-1363533307_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-24160800-1363533344_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-56511000-1363533370_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-44353500-1363533435_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-29683400-1363533501_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-50275400-1363533538_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-97819200-1363533585_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-67621900-1363533643_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-00166900-1363533671_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-03070200-1363533700_thumb.jpg

more control would be most useful in tweaking the final look to match a pre render quality.

White balance

Curves

Bring on the occulus rift we chant...

Hi Unigine,

Does anyone have the original LUT anywhere? I can only find edited versions.

I think we can do the colour grade we want using LUT texture, IF we could edit the original full colour LUT.

* EDIT: Found it here

Here are updated screenshots with colour grade enhancements using LUT.

just needs some small tweaks to over exposure and the background image.

+ make glass, finalise material selector.

user can change floor materials, wall materials, fabrics etc. (Thanks to Stan and Alex)

post-73-0-34845400-1363580714_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-39601200-1363581074_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-32856600-1363581186_thumb.jpg

post-73-0-62363800-1363581257_thumb.jpg

hell yeah

Is there any dynamic lighting at all Nat?

or is all lighting  pre baked and unchangeable? (time of day etc)

Rendered with vray of mental ray? or something else.

Again, really nice work.

Thanks Shane, time of day is fixed. It is currently the only way to get this quality in unigine. We are thinking of ways to make this a little different with composited lightmaps and rendering some variants.

Vray. we have a long history with vray, haven't used it much for last few years.

There are now unigine lights in the scene rendering specular only.

This demo aims to display the very best quality realtime interior whilst maintaining interactivity of material switching from presets for some items.

Reality is the goal here so moving sun is sacrificed at the moment.

I must upload some high res images, it is really starting to work and confuse the brain when you are in the scene.

Hi Unigine,

Does anyone have the original LUT anywhere? I can only find edited versions.

I think we can do the colour grade we want using LUT texture, IF we could edit the original full colour LUT.

* EDIT: Found it here

Go to Render settings -> Color -> LUT texture and click + icon to create a new, unmodified one.

Thanks manguste, (good tip with the '+' sign, I have overlooked that for so so so long, kicking myself very hard for not seeing that for all these years)

Manguste, Unigine,

Question time:

Why are lights so expensive when only set to specular & 0 diffuse scale?

It is really really important to optimize these specular only lights where possible. Currently, they wipe out 20-25fps from the scene as it also seems that they are included in the reflection passes, when really, we could minimise this overhead for the most minimal visual loss.

We are also having to run with shadows on, which are not visible but allow occlusion from objects of the specular effect. (which makes perfect sense).

Shadows are set to smallest possible size.

We are using omni lights and spots with attenuation maps set. 

Perhaps a flag to set specular only so they are ignored in all rendering passes.

We need to expand this room to a whole apartment with bathrooms and bedrooms (and real shagpile carpet) to be really impressive and at a workable scale, which we can use the inbuilt systems to assist, but we do want the capability to run this at stupendous resolutions, or maximum AA in HD with solid framerate.

I have no doubt we can if we have capability to make specular only lights that are cheap cheap cheap...

Would love to get you guys a copy of this scene so you can see for yourselves.

Thanks for watching.

Maybe using a series of lightmaps blended  with the tracker could be a way to do time of day in the future.   Would love to see this running on a big screen!

Thanks manguste, (good tip with the '+' sign, I have overlooked that for so so so long, kicking myself very hard for not seeing that for all these years)

Don't be :) Hate to interrupt the kicking session, but it was added just a couple months ago.

Manguste, Unigine,

Question time:

Why are lights so expensive when only set to specular & 0 diffuse scale?

I have no doubt we can if we have capability to make specular only lights that are cheap cheap cheap...

I'm afraid that's still a separate pass for each light, so not much to gain here. But what you can do is:
  • Use deferred lights, since they are much cheaper. You can use them for all, separate lights or maybe enable deferred when the camera is far away (use as light LOD, basically). Of course, they are not so good as normal lights, but definitely worth a try.
  • In case you stick to normal lights, Use light masks extensively to cut off all geometry you do not to light.

Would love to get you guys a copy of this scene so you can see for yourselves.

Sure, go ahead.

Sure, go ahead.

when I get time, maybe next week.

(I will discuss lighting again after I test more their masks)

Till then here is a um... a mobile phone video.. so we could capture tools. Watch as high quality as you can. Will also get a fraps capture one day soon.

Hello Nat,

this has an encredible realistic feel to me. The details, the details ... very nice!

(The mobile phone capture is interesting, as it makes it even more plausable.)

Cheers.

Werner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, great work!

1. Did you have written any shaders in this showcase or just use the Unigine's presets?

2. I'm very interesting the measure tool, how to draw a line and 3d text?