[SOLVED] billboarded trees sometimes flying over terrain

photo

Well, it works only with very high values like 1000, which makes my terrain almost flat...Btw, I am not sure I am using this tool properly, only think it does is flattening the terrain, no optimization of density like on this picture:

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/tutorials/terrain/3_flattened_sm.jpg

Same for the in engine flatness option.

Yes, TerrainRelax tool simply bakes Flatness for the terrain.

So if terrain's Flatness is set to 0, and billboards are still flying, Offset parameter of the grass can be the culprit. Maybe its spread value is too high, for example. Please check what do you have for it. (If not, please attach a screenshot of grass and terrain node options).

Yes, TerrainRelax tool simply bakes Flatness for the terrain.

So if terrain's Flatness is set to 0, and billboards are still flying, Offset parameter of the grass can be the culprit. Maybe its spread value is too high, for example. Please check what do you have for it. (If not, please attach a screenshot of grass and terrain node options).

Spread is zero i this case. I ve put some negative offset there. It is not perfect, but for now it is sufficient.

Yes, that's exacrtly what negaive Offset is for!

Without a negative Offset there could be a really small gap, as a billboard itself and the texture on it differ in size a bit. But it's really small, hardly noticeable and nowhere near your result:

post-13-0-51217200-1357904080_thumb.jpg

post-13-0-93766200-1357904216_thumb.jpg

All in all, solved.