Unigine SDK 2012-10-19

photo

That depend of your next update, for us will be necessary have d3d119 before 5 november. ;)

Anthony, we've uploaded Win8 SDK with d3d119, you can download it from the portal. Sorry for the inconvenience again.

1. The new AA settings for GUI Sprite Widget.. we cannot get the video_multisample to set to 4. Is there something special we need to set/do to make this happen.

Dave, sorry, AAx16 (video_multisample 4) was just an example. To use AA for GUI, you just need to set any hardware AA level you need: AAx8 via video_multisample 3 or any other value except for 0 will do the trick.

(AAx16 will be available for you only in the next release, so that was a bit too early to write about in the devlog.)

Hi Manguste, Thanks for the feedback. Fantastic you found the issue so quickly. We found converting our meshes to static meshes also solved the problem. I assume this will be patched in the next release? Could we possibly get a patch early (we have a rail demo coming up in China very soon and would love to have that one removed from our bug list :) ).

The AA thing is starting to drive me a little insane. It is now working on newer drivers.. it just seems really inconsistent. We had a machine (test rig) running without it, tried to get it working (with multisample 3) and it didnt work yesterday. Then this morning we tried again, and it worked for no apparent reason? Are there any major settings that might interfere with the AA settings? For example any combinations of Glow, HDR, Auxilliary, Occlusion, Parallax or Reflection interfere with AA settings? Im sort of clutching at straws for this one, because even on my machine it has stopped working when two days ago it was fine.

Thanks for your efforts btw.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave and Craig,

SDK is in pre-release stage right now, the QA department has started to test it. If no critical bugs are found, you can grab it quite soon, ETA is the end of the next week.

The AA thing is starting to drive me a little insane. It is now working on newer drivers.. it just seems really inconsistent. We had a machine (test rig) running without it, tried to get it working (with multisample 3) and it didnt work yesterday. Then this morning we tried again, and it worked for no apparent reason? Are there any major settings that might interfere with the AA settings?

Dave

We tried to reproduce this issue, but AA is worked fine all the time.

Could you please specify more information about configuration of your computer, such as:

• Render API (DX11, DX9, OpenGL).
  • GPU & driver version.
  • OS Version.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi, we have tested on a wide variety of systems now - all Win7 64 bit OS.

Hardware wise, mostly i5 and i7's for CPU's and NVidia only - GTX 460, 570, 590. And a number of others. Drivers for Nvidia, usually the latest we can get.

What Im trying to figure out mostly, is how we can get the NVidia AA settings to work with our main rendering which is via a WidgetSpriteViewport object. I managed to get it working a couple of times on my machine and one other machine. But have not had any success since. Ive tried all the usual things like deleting cache files and cfg files and so on. With no luck.

The multisample 3 does work now on one of our deploy machines with the GTX590. And so we haven't touched it for a while until today, sadly it looks like its had a memory failure (yes... no fun). I'd be interested in any ideas / tips we could use - my suspicion is that its likely related to thw widgetspriteviewport. Craig posted about VSync problems, and it was suggested we remove the SetIFPS command for the WidgetViewport. So we are trying that out now too (whether this might help/relate to the AA problem I dont know, as I said I'm happy to tray anything at the moment ;) ).

Thanks for the responses.

Hi silent, I would love to send you a version of how we have setup our sim, but its rather large (integrated comms, oracle db, and all sorts).

At the moment the way we are setting AA is via the suggested method in the SDK ( video_multisample 4 && video_renderable 1 && render_skip_post_materials 1 && video_restart ). We have put this into the cfg file and hope the AA turns on ;)

Our scenes are also quite large (100km + ) with a large number of features and a fair amount of detail - around 2-3 million polys in view (its a simulation of an elevated china high speed rail). We use WidgetSpriteViewport as our main channel view because we can configure the system to have multiple camera views onscreen for CCTV views. View management wise it makes it easier to treat all views with the same object type. We also try to set AA via the main GUI panel as well.

On the main view there is commonly only the single fullscreen WidgetSpriteViewport.

I dont have time at the moment to build a SDK sample that is similar to ours - we are busy just trying to get all the data in and some of our bugs fixed before lock off (today). Maybe next week I'll be able to generate a sample.

Any suggestions though would be welcome.

Cheers,

Dave