[WONTFIX] 3ds Max 2012 exporter bug

photo

We cant export mesh with add bones that are outside of selected object.

1) open file with character

2) hide geometry in 3ds max

3) double click on "Bip01 Pelvis" bone, that select whole skeleton with mount bones

4) show geometry in 3ds max

5) CTR + double click on body

6) run MeshSkinned export plugin in 3ds max

When we do it in "Autodesk 3ds Max 2010 32-bit", we get correct skeleton with all selected bones in .smesh file, but if we do it in "Autodesk 3ds Max 2012 64-bit - English" then we get incorrect skeleton in .smesh file, missing mount bones that are defined outside of select object.

It can be replicated on character we ve sent you with our performance test case.

• 2 months later...

The behaviour when you click on the body (that is, a cuirass), and only that part is selected is perfectly normal.

If you mean something different, I'm afraid, we do not understand the point you are trying to make. Screenshots will be of help here.

Manguste here what i want (get from Autodesk 3DS max 2010):

UO0072.jpg

And this i get from Autodesk 3DS max 2012:

UO0073.jpg

You can see that external bones missing.

Sequence of selected item was same.

We use it for mount mesh on it.

Example:

We have sword that is simple mesh and i want it equip on the character, to the right hand, left hand, on the back, on the belt. It was still same sword (mesh).

Generaly it is for equip mesh object on the character that have animation, so the item will be change position acording by animation of the character.

Picture with example is attached.

post-716-0-80917800-1356031970_thumb.jpg

Edited by honya

Honya,

May be you can achieve the same result if you accept the horseman body (hero_body) as base mesh, and add all external bones (for swords or armor elements) to this mesh,

but don't assign a weight to this bones.

Then export hero_body with all this bones.

Necris,

that can be result, but why it work in Autodesk 3ds max 2010, but not in Autodesk 3ds max 2012? That it's my point that try to show you, when the source file is same for both version of Autodesk 3ds max.

Honya,

Trouble added to the bug list, but really can't promise our devs will look into this issue any time soon, since it's not critical :( Too focused on other issues and suggestions.

Sorry for the inconvenience.