[SOLVED] Occulus Rift VR Goggles

photo

Hum I think I will buy one to test !

Does anyone here have test theses goggles ?

Unigine support will be great anyway and could make some ads for the engine if Occulus Rift become a best seller !

May be worth Unigine supporting?

Definitely not in the near future, sorry.

The idea of these goggles is indeed great (personally I'm all for it), but it's waaaay too early to make any move in that direction.

Yes, i agree its a bit too early to support Occulus as it will be quite a while before these are going to be released. Looks likely to be next year before its released.

I think it is something that Unigine should consider supporting as soon as its released, as already Unreal, Unity and Doom look like they will be supporting it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looks like the dev version has been delayed till march 2013 due to overwhelming orders for the devkit. But the latest demo video certainly looks good.

• 3 months later...

Was the Unigine team able to get the devkit earlier?  According to the website first shipment is mid-March.

This open source driver also may be of some interest.

http://www.vireio.com/

We are looking forward to receiving our head set, as I know a few other Unigine users are also eagerly awaiting theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

"The first time I played I did feel a little dizzy. Second time better. Third time fine."

Nate Mitchell, vice president of product, Oculus

May be you need to use more ...

Oculus support is ready. This device can cause strong dizziness and queasiness effects after usage... Don't use it...

irony or meant seriously ?!?

Ok, understood. Based on past seasickness experiences with helmet-mounted display-systems even in highest-end military flight simulators I would guess that some low-cost device cannot solve this disorientation issue, would be magic...

We are still waiting eagerly on our set.  If motion sickness is a real possibility, for our application at least, we can probably turn down the speed a user can rotate at, so that their motion isnt too far from their body motion.  If its lag thats the problem then, its harder to deal with.  Maybe we tell people to move their head slower :D

so cool. i cant wait for the dizzy. 

can understand the effect for some people.

it is fooling so much sub-conscious biology.

again... bring it on.

(sounds like frustum had a little vomit - hee hee)

"While some select developers have already begun working closely with Oculus VR to try to figure out viable ways to incorporate a VR headset into 3D games without triggering a gag reflex in motion-sensitive players, it will probably take some time for most game developers to get a handle on the headset’s capabilities" (link)

• 2 weeks later...

If it goes out of sync, yep, could be pretty disorienting and even sickening. Though some guys here in our studio are already addicted to it ;D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

anyone can help regarding how to use Appoculus plugin?
is it supposed to work with evaluation-kit, or within licensed version of unigine only?

It was missing in the last Evaluation Kit build, while it's available for full SDK users.

The plugin will be added into the Evaluation Kit within the next SDk update (approx. end of the month).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...