[SOLVED] Unigine_x86.dll is missing error in main_x86.exe

photo

Hello,

I am new to Unigine Engine, y'day I downloaded the evaluation copy and started to work on the scripting end.I created a New World according to the tutorial and added few line of code to translate & rotate the mesh.

When I call "main_x86.exe -console_command "world_load new_world" ", I am getting following error.

'The program can't start because Unigine_x86.dll is missing from your computer'

I have checked the lib folder & I am able to see this file in the folder. Moreover I am able to run sample application using the Unigine Editor.

I am using Windows 7 Professional OS on 32-bit

Can anyone help me out in this issue.

Thanks.

Hey, there is nothing suspicous in the log file. When I run the mentioned command there is no entry into the log file with respect to main_x86.exe command, it only contain what sample I have executed previously through the Unigine editor.

I am able to run the editor & samples. If the Env path is not set properly than these won't run right!

If you insist me to attach the log file I will do it.

Thanks

If you insist me to attach the log file I will do it.

I don't insist on anything...actually I am just spending my sparetime for solving your problems.....

I suppose you can successfully runing the engine with those .bat files, so if you want to click main_x86 or main_x64 to directly running the engine, then you need to copy unigine_x86.dll from lib to bin folder, and move the data folder inside the bin, and, delete the unigine.cfg file inside the bin folder ( suppose you don't know any syntax of unigine config file, the delete it is the simplest way).

then click the main_x86.exe, then wow,,, engine, runs... :)

Ulf and Steve,

Thank you for sparing your time, if anyone, we appreciate this :) Though I'm sure Pramod meant no offence.

then click the main_x86.exe, then wow,,, engine, runs... :ph34r:

Why so serious hacky? I vote for a proper launcher instead! :D

Pramod,

If you can run samples from browser (or using launchers) and unable to do that with your project, it means something is wrong with your launcher.

• The simplest way to solve this problem is to take any of launchers from <UnigineSDK>/demos/ and customize it. All what is necessary is already there - for sure.
  • If you use command-line to start the project, it's actually better to create a launcher. Or yep, dropping Unigine_x86.dll into <UnigineSDK>/bin should help.