[SOLVED] 3dMax 2013 plugin

photo

Anyone compiled the Unigine exporter for 3Dmax 2013 and keen to share?

Would greatly assist us to avoid using the Autodesk 2012 environment.

Hi cory,

I've been working to update plugins to MAX 2013, but I still have problems writing mesh files.

As you may know, MAX 2013 has moved to Unicode, so update the plugins aren't a trivial task.

Don't know the plans of Unigine team about this topic, I don't want to spend to much time if they plan to update the plugin in a couple of weeks :D

Cory, is it really necessary to always use latest Max version ?!? I am no artist, but even Max 2010 had far too much  features never required for game style low poly modelling...I might be totally wrong but I would guess that even something like Max 2000 or what ever would be enough for most use cases...always supporting the latest version just for fun is not really attractive for unigine crew...but this is also just a guess

• 4 weeks later...

We also have this problem - and upgrading is not always a matter of choice. if we need to get a new max license for a new artists who also needs the Unigine exportrers, the company we purchase from gives a huge discount if we buy max 2013 design as part of a package.

They also stop selling licenses for older versions when they are 2 years old - so max 2010 is no longer available, even though we would prefer it.

We need a version of the plugins for max 2013 design ugently for a new employee who has to use this version for the reasons stated above, and a project deadline of 4 weeks means no time to waste.

I've recompiled plugin for max 2013, this is my personal version (not official) . Basically I've transformed MAX Unicode strings to ASCII strings to keep plugins working in the same way as always.

I've only tested with static meshes in max 32 bits, but utility, export and import works Ok.

Until the official plugin will be released, maybe this one will help others (at your own risk B) )

max_2013.zip

Note: Sources are at Unigine team disposition if it's helpful.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Support of Max 2013 has been added

I have downloaded the latest tools set but found no 3ds max 2013 plugins with it - where can i get the official ones if they have been added as suggested above?

• 2 weeks later...

Shane,

This one - Tools Pack 2013-02-11 (win32)? It's there. under plugins/Max/Max2013.

Thanks, it was not there at the time i downloaded the last tools pack before the latest SDK release