Unigine SDK 2011-12-28

photo

Since updating I receive an error every time I run my game. A small dialog appears with the heading "Warning" and the message "null sound app is used". I don't get the error when running the samples. I have "-sound_app openal" on my command line. What else could be missing?

When running "samples_materials_d3d11.bat" I get error message:

---------------------------

Unigine fatal error

---------------------------

D3D11Render::D3D11Render(): 10.0 feature level is not supported

It should work, try to use only one monitor.

With one monitor it is te same.

But I think I solved it.

After a whole weekend of (re)installing drivers and checking I found out that it works immediately after a clean nVidia driver install. But after a computer restart it doesn't work anymore (same message).

I tried to uninstall old driver first -> same result

I tried to clean the computer using the DriverSweeper application -> same result

Then I desided to completely reinstall Windows 7 and all the applications. -> Now it works and it keeps working after computer restarts!

I hope somebody can use this information when running into the same problems.

Since updating I receive an error every time I run my game. A small dialog appears with the heading "Warning" and the message "null sound app is used". I don't get the error when running the samples. I have "-sound_app openal" on my command line. What else could be missing?

you might missing openal32.dll file unigine switched to openal-soft, you can google this and download the binary from thire site.

you might missing openal32.dll file unigine switched to openal-soft, you can google this and download the binary from thire site.

Under the unigine folder there is three copies of this file. They are in... bin, bin/openal_winx64, externs/bin. Using processmon I can see main_x64.exe query the ones in the bin and externs/bin folders but it doesn't seem to actually load either of them and goes on to find the dll elsewhere. If I switch to using main_x86 the problem goes away. There doesn't appear to be any 64 bit version of that lib. I am running Win7 64 bit. Is it correct for me to be using the main_x64 launcher? If so, then the question remains, why isn't that version loading the dll?