Unigine SDK 2011-12-28

photo

Render:

• Optimized SSDO blur filter.
  • Improved quality of HDR and glow: now it is possible to fine-tune small, medium and large-sized halos.
  • Light scattering falloff can be disabled for performance boost via render_use_scattering_falloff console command.
  • Added detection of Intel GPUs.
  • Added detection of new AMD HD7xxx GPUs.
  • A grass diffuse texture can now have an arbitrary number of columns.
  • Added two separate reflection colors (near and far) for water.
  • Particle systems are animated using a 2D texture atlas (3D textures are no longer supported). Such approach prevents mipmap artifacts and is compatible with mobile platforms.
  • Particles are rendered into the deferred and auxiliary buffers according to their alpha rather than color values.
  • No more contour artifacts for objects when against the water with AA enabled.
  • No more contour artifacts for objects when against the volumetric clouds in OpenGL and PlayStation 3.
  • Fixed AA on Mac OS X.
  • Fixed a lot of shaders for mobile platforms.
  • On PlayStation 3 skinned meshes can be skinned purely on the GPU instead of the SPU, without back-face culling. This option allows for lower memory consumption at the expense of performance and can be enabled via ps3_render_use_mesh_raw console variable.
  • Added white caps for water (an optional state).

GUI:

• External multi-window GUI (load the Interface plugin to enable it).
  • Improved WidgetCanvas: it is possible to assign a separate texture to each polygon as well as enable texture wrapping.
  • Added new high-level widgets: Track and Line.
  • Widgets fire LEAVE and FOCUS_OUT callbacks when they are hidden or disabled.
  • Removed Qt wrapper support due to the extremely low 3D performance in its viewports.

Multi-window mode of UnigineEditor:

111228-editor_sm.jpg

Physics:

• Added BodyRail for spline-driven railroad simulation.
  • Added JointRail for train simulation.
  • JointPin is renamed into JointParticles.
  • Added several new physical samples: samples/joints/rail_00, samples/physics/train_00, samples/physics/car_03.

UnigineScript:

• Variable scope is now saved by state saving.
  • Removed is_extern_class_function() and get_extern_class_function() functions.
  • Safe iteration of "foreach" and "foreachkey" cycles; a runtime error will be generated on invalid iterators.
  • Optimized script compilation speed.
  • Added support of Java-style anonymous class syntax: new Foo() { body };
  • Added trim() function for cutting out spaces (or other symbols) at the start and end of a string.

C++ API:

• Added access to Unigine application window handle.
  • Added string concatenation functions.
  • Added support of network sockets.
  • Added App::set() for setting an external handler to the application.
  • Added access to DirectX device handlers.
  • Added Gui object for external windows.
  • Added functions for simulating keys and mouse buttons pressing.
  • Added Unicode convertions functions for strings.
  • App3DSurround, App3DVision, AppEyeFinity, AppSoft, AppStereo and AppWall became C++ plugins rather than stand-alone applications (and can now be found in source/plugins).
  • New C++ plugins loading policy: plugin constructor is called at the very beginning of engine initialization, before App instance is created. Plugin init() is called at the same time as before. This means, it is possible to add filesystem packages or initialize external App in the plugin constructor.

Tools:

• Multi-window mode in UnigineEditor due to the Interface plugin.
  • Added object selection by frame in UnigineEditor (Ctrl + left mouse button).
  • Added FileServer console tool for sharing data directories with engine instances over the network.

Other changes:

• Added support of Linux on ARM platforms with OpenGL ES (scons cross=arm opengl=0 opengles=1).
  • Refactored main applications for Android and iOS.
  • Upgrade to Android NDK r7.
  • Added world_show_transforms console command for visualization of WorldTransform.
  • Fixed OpenAL-related crashes on Mac OS X.

Mobile client application

All Unigine mobile applications (both for iOS and Android) come together with a launcher that makes iterative development and testing fast and convenient. Instead of uploading resources onto mobile devices, the data which is stored on the development machine is simply shared over the network. To enable remote access, run the FileServer console tool on the machine and start the Unigine-based mobile application with default settings.

Download links

All files can be found in "Downloads" section of the portal: https://developer.unigine.com/fileserver/index

• Like 1

Almost all high-level systems such as Schemer, Skinner and Tracker require fast 2D rendering. Qt render can't maintain performance of this systems. Native rendering works much faster.Qt plugin was removed because of that.

Using the windows installer now. It says that i require windows SDK 7.1 Will this be required for any computer I want to run Unigine Editor on, or in game mode?

These are plugins now, check lib folder

I see some .lib files and .dll files there. No executables. According the documentation I need to run the 3dsurround_x86 application.

How do I use these plugins?

Just run the main.exe with the additional command line arguments: "-extern_plugin App3DSurround"

main.exe -video_app direct3d11 -sound_app openal \
-data_path ../../../ -system_script sanctuary/unigine.cpp -engine_config ../../../data/demos/sanctuary/unigine.cfg \
-extern_plugin App3DSurround -extern_define RELEASE,STEREO_3D_SURROUND

The cache path is broken. It will be fixed in the upcoming update.

You can patch the Engine.cpp file at Engine::init() function:

// parse command line
parse_args(argc,argv);

// data directory
data_path = String::pathname(app_path + ::data_path + ENGINE_DATA);

// cache directory
cache_path = (project_name.size()) ? save_path : data_path;

thanks for that, the fix working.

another bug, interface plugin don't process ime input, no WM_IME_COMPOSITION, so I copied the source code for processing WM_IME_COMPOSITION from appwindow.cpp, it works now.

I get an error running some of the demos.

For instance:

When running "samples_materials_d3d9.bat" it works ok.

When running "samples_materials_d3d10.bat" I get error message:

---------------------------

Can't set video mode

Direct3D10 error: 0x8007007E

D3D10AppWindow::create_context(): D3D10CreateDevice1(): failed

Engine::video_restart(): can't set 1024x768 windowed video mode

When clicking OK, I get:

Unigine fatal error

Direct3D10 error: 0x8007007E

D3D10AppWindow::create_context(): D3D10CreateDevice1(): failed

Engine::video_restart(): can't set 1280x720 windowed video mode

When running "samples_materials_d3d11.bat" I get error message:

Unigine fatal error

D3D11Render::D3D11Render(): 10.0 feature level is not supported

I get an error running some of the demos

Extra info:

I have a 3 screen surround setup (3 times 1920x1080), using a GTX590 card. I had to install the latest nVidia driver (290.53) to get surround working correctly.

another bug, interface plugin don't process ime input, no WM_IME_COMPOSITION, so I copied the source code for processing WM_IME_COMPOSITION from appwindow.cpp, it works now.

IME composition will be available in the next SDK.

I have a 3 screen surround setup (3 times 1920x1080), using a GTX590 card. I had to install the latest nVidia driver (290.53) to get surround working correctly.

Try to use Direct3D11 render.

Try to use Direct3D11 render.

When running "samples_materials_d3d11.bat" I get error message:

Unigine fatal error

D3D11Render::D3D11Render(): 10.0 feature level is not supported

When running "samples_materials_d3d11.bat" I get error message: --------------------------- Unigine fatal error --------------------------- D3D11Render::D3D11Render(): 10.0 feature level is not supported

Can anybody advise me what to do?

I'm stuck with this.

Some demos of the latest release do not work with my setup. They should, don't they?

What does the error message mean? What does it mean when "10.0 feature level is not supported" ?