[SOLVED] Max plugin and #noprompt again.

photo

This image is an example of something we are working on currently. there are ~1200 separate objects to export in this scene. We have written max scripts to do this effectively except that for each mesh we want to export we have to set the controls interactively which means in this case one of our artists (in this case my boss) has to push the ok button ~1200 times. This is one of many such files we will be working on in the coming weeks.

I would really appreciate an eta on when this issue can be fixed or if there is a possiblility that I could get access to the source-code for the plugins in order to fix this issue.

post-48-0-00445300-1324455455_thumb.jpg

Danny, really just blind guessing based on a short look into Max exporter script UnigineMenu.ms. Try changing line 79 to include #noprompt argument for exportFile call.

fn export_mesh type = (
-- export nodes
select nodes
exportFile name #noprompt selectedonly:true

-- restore selection
select old_selection
)

Maybe this will suppress the dialogs

Unfortunately the developer who wrote the current version of the 3ds Max plugin has left the company some time ago, we can't provide the solution quickly, sorry.

Plugins refactoring is planned, but it isn't on the top of the tasks list.

Danny, I already tried to debug it for you, but unfortunately the exporter plugin source code/project will not build with VisualStudio Express edition. Maybe I will be able to do it when returning to work first week of January where I might have a VS professional version

Danny, I already tried to debug it for you, but unfortunately the exporter plugin source code/project will not build with VisualStudio Express edition. Maybe I will be able to do it when returning to work first week of January where I might have a VS professional version

Ulf - has anybody told you your awesome lately

Ulf - has anybody told you your awesome lately

well, no, but don't be to enthusiastic: unfortunately I don't have a VS professional version at work, so I am still unable to build the 3DMax plugins for debugging (in the source code there are some dependencies on MFC/ATL not available with VS express)

Nevertheless thanks for the flowers

I've tested this code and works Ok (no prompt) in MAX 2012 32 bits

fn foo = (
for obj in objects do (
 select obj
 local name= "C:\\Temp\\" + obj.name + ".mesh"
 exportFile name #noprompt selectedonly:true
)
)
foo()

In order to reproduce it, can you pass me a very simple scene?

• 4 weeks later...

ok -- Problem is solved. Thankyou Ivan and Ulf for your help...

We had a combination of problems going this end including an unexpected code path being taken and it seems that #noprompt is only honoured if it is before selectedonly:true....