Raknet or RedDwarf or any alternative opensource?

photo

Hi , we are searching for low cost or free and good quality mmorpg engine for unigine compatible.

Do you know any of them?

I heard for Unigine RAKNET but their prices seems like so high....

Any one know any other solution for unigine?

What do you think about old projectdarkstar , reddwarf project?

Hi , we are searching for low cost or free and good quality mmorpg engine for unigine compatible.

Do you know any of them?

I heard for Unigine RAKNET but their prices seems like so high....

Any one know any other solution for unigine?

What do you think about old projectdarkstar , reddwarf project?

Hi

We use raknet in our project.

If your budget is < 100k they have a special license.

Well, that might me considered as advertising, but I'd suggest you to take a look at RunServer middleware - perfect solution for MMO server and network layer. The only drawback that it costs a lot, even for indies.

• 2 months later...

Enet http://enet.bespin.org/ is a very good and fast networking library.

We were considering using it instead of RakNet, however, the major issue is that we would have to write all functionality for Unigine. Right now Unigine has everything you need as the networking component was designed around RakNet. Once you go with something else, you have to implement the new library's functionality from scratch. Plus only RakNet and GameSpy have Steamworks functionality (and in RakNet it's just a lobby).

So if you have resources and time to dedicate to writing networking functionality for another lib and willing to implement your own lobby system (or don't care for one), I would recommend Enet.