Windows Development Environment
To start working with the Unigine engine on the Windows platform you should install the UNIGINE SDK and additional software.
Prepare the Environment for Windows#
Install UNIGINE SDK#
There are two ways to install SDK:
- If you have a UNIGINE SDK archive downloaded at the UNIGINE developer portal:
- If you have UNIGINE SDK Browser downloaded at the UNIGINE developer portal:
To start your project with UNIGINE SDK you need to install the required software to prepare the development environment:
- Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013/2015 (Express Edition can be downloaded for free).
- Install Python 2.7 (can be downloaded for free).
- Install SCons 2.5.1 or higher (can be downloaded for free).
The recommended version is SCons 3.0+; if you are going to build the engine, its components or your applications with Visual Studio 2017 toolset, the SCons 3.0+ is required.