shown in other instead.
An obstacle sphere is a sphere-shaped obstacle that is detected and bypassed by other objects during pathfinding. The obstacle sphere can be added, for example:
- For the sphere-shaped nodes (huge boulders, bushes and so on) that are placed inside a navigation area and should be bypassed.
- For the areas (lakes and so on) that should be bypassed.
- The ObstacleSphere class to manage sphere-shaped obstacles via API
- The PathRoute class to create 2D and 3D routes among obstacles
- The article on Creating Routes
- A set of articles on Navigation Areas
- A set of samples located in the <UnigineSDK>/data/samples/paths folder:
Adding Obstacle Sphere#
To add a sphere obstacle to the scene via UnigineEditor:
- Run UnigineEditor.
- On the Menu bar, click Create -> Navigation -> Obstacle Sphere.
- Click somewhere in the world to place the obstacle.
Editing Obstacle Sphere#
On the Node tab of the Parameters window, you can adjust the following parameters of the obstacle sphere:
|Obstacle Mask||The obstacle mask of the obstacle sphere must match the obstacle mask of the route that is calculated during pathfinding. Otherwise, the obstacle is not taken into account during pathfinding. Also by using the obstacle mask, you can specify obstacle spheres that should be ignored during pathfinding.|
|Radius||Radius of the obstacle sphere, in units.|