shown in other instead.
Video Tutorial: Arbitrary Terrain Generation
All data required for accomplishing this tutorial is available in the Arbitrary Terrain Generation Add-On starting from the UNIGINE 2.7.2 SDK. All you need is just install the add-on and use the assets according to instructions given in the tutorial.
In this tutorial:
- Landscape Tool interface overview
- Configuring generation settings
- Adding data sources and setting up their parameters
- Creating tags to filter data from the sources
- Generating an arbitrary terrain using raster images
- Adding and configuring terrain details
- Creating and adding vegetation (grass, trees)
- Creating impostors for vegetation and using them to optimize performance
- Editing generated terrain with brushes
- Using terrain surface modification techniques (making holes and integrating complex meshes)