shown in other instead.
To provide increased performance, terrain occluders should be used wisely.
- If terrain relief is changed in the runtime, it is not recommended to use the occluder.
The terrain occluder is generated basing on its downsized height map using cone-step mapping. Generation of an occluder texture is a time-consuming operation that should be done only once rather than each time on world load.
To set a texture for WorldOccluderTerrain in real-time, use the following steps:
- Set a height map texture (in R8, R16 or RG8 format) via setHeightsImageName(). Cone-step mapping will be calculated and a new image (in RGB8 format) will be generated. It contains all data necessary to perform occlusion.
- Get newly generated occluder image (RGB8) via getHeightsImage().
- Save this occluder image (RGB8) to disk with same name.
WorldOccluderTerrain ClassThis class inherits from Node
WorldOccluderTerrain (vec3 size)Constructor. Creates a new terrain occluder of the specified size.
- vec3 size - Size of the terrain occluder in units.
float getDistance ()Returns the current distance for disabling terrain occluder.
Return valueDistance in units.
string getHeightsImageName ()Returns the name of the height map that repeats terrain heights.
Return valueThe name of the height map.
Image getHeightsImage ()Returns the height map image that repeats terrain heights.
Return valueHeight map image.
float getRadius ()Returns the current ray tracing radius to perform occlusion.
Return valueRadius of occlusion in units.
vec3 getSize ()Returns the current dimensions of the terrain occluder.
Return valueSize of the terrain occluder in units.
void setDistance (float distance)Sets the distance for disabling terrain occluder.
- float distance - Distance in units. If a negative value is provided, 0 will be used instead.
int setHeightsImageName (string name)Sets the name of the height map that repeats terrain heights. The height map can be smaller in size compared to terrain's one. It will be automatically converted into the RGB8 format.
- string name - Height map name.
Return value1 if the height map was successfully loaded; otherwise, 0.
void setRadius (float radius)Radius of ray tracing to perform occlusion. The radius is counted off starting from the camera.
- float radius - Radius of occlusion in units.
void setSize (vec3 size)Sets the dimensions of the terrain occluder.
- vec3 size - Size of the terrain occluder in units. If a negative value is provided, vec3(0.0f) will be used instead.