Support of multiple output devices (monitor walls, CAVEs)
Added AppWall template application that supports output to multiple devices. It can be used to create multi-monitor walls, deeply immersive VR simulators and multi-dimensional CAVE systems. Each output device can has its own camera setup.
To control the number of monitors, include and customize data/core/scripts/wall.h script (check Wall settings that it adds into the main menu).
- Added multi-viewport output for all supported graphical APIs.
- Added screen-space reflection post-process (post_filter_reflection base material).
- Fixed WorldCluster rendering bug.
- Fixed portal bounds detection bug.
- Support of asymmetric projections throughout the whole rendering pipeline.
- A lot of performance optimizations.
- System and editor scripts now have render() function.
- Fixed the crash on detecting parent class of the exported classes.
- Fixed occasional crashes by script shutdown.
- Increased performance.
- Fixed stack overflow in 64-bit builds.
- Contact solver now utilizes SSE instruction set, if available.
- Fixed gravity flag saving bug for bodies.
- Added telnet protocol support (default TCP port is 8888) to remotely control the application running on a target device (it provides full access to Unigine built-in console). Use "logout" command to close the session.
- More NEON optimizations for rendering.
- Contact solver now utilizes NEON instruction set, if available.
- Performance analyzer for Android and iOS.
- Thread-safe file access to "assets" directory on Android.
- Added "Crypt" and "Passage" demos to iOS and Android SDKs.
- Added Android Application Development article in the reference manual.
PlayStation 3 version:
- SPU optimization of collision detection and rigid body physics.
- Added Render memory counter into the profiler.
- Improved memory management.
- Added new PS3MeshRaw object. It stores vertices and indexes in the video memory and doesn't cull triangles (higher memory consumption but lower PPU load).
- Render utilizes up to 4 SPUs (1 SPU is always reserved for physics).
- Added sound samples memory profiling.
- Fixed non-blocking network sockets bug in Windows.
- Added "Tools -> Always update" option in UnigineEditor for focus-independent update of the application window.
- Added a new option that allows to fast save the selected material/property libraries in UnigineEditor.
- HAS_TABLET define is renamed to HAS_APP_TABLET.
- Added Gui::HIDE callback for GUI widgets.
- Added new UnigineRender class into C++ API for direct access to engine rendering functions.